Used 1994 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Outstanding
By sergio

1994 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

I love this car and all the features especially the electronic seats and computer system

Favorite Features

the Wb system in the computer system the automatic one touch windows

Suggested Improvements

a sporty body kit all around and a spoiler

Fun so far
By tkorion

1994 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan

Just bought the car. body is straight and engine is clean. tranny was replaced so I hope this car will last me a few years. I'd like to get 100k, but only time will tell. I love the power and handling. engine has a rattle, but I've never owned one so not sure if it's normal.

Favorite Features

powerful engine. comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

needs cup holders and more storage space. sure it's luxury car, but it should be practical as well.

Still Owns the Road!
By JBoff

1994 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car four years ago and I have not had any major problems with it. The car was cared for very well. Maintenance is the most important part of owning this car. It is not a real car unless you have to take care of it. This is a car that I will have as long as possible. I would not trade it for anything (maybe an M5). This car has a timeless design and I still get compliments on what a good looking and beautiful car it is. I think the AC Schnitzer wheels really improved the appearance. I love the handling and the very very quick and secure response . The car will stop on a dime, has been very useful a couple of times. Living in CO the snow is not a problem with this car.

Favorite Features

I love telling people that I have a V8 that gets 24+ mpg, with over 160K on it, in everyday driving conditions. The intimidating look it has when it comes up behind another car on the highway and its ability to make cars move over.

Suggested Improvements

The adaptive trany sometimes seems to confuse it's self. Thos makes for some hard shifts once in a blue moon. The glass head and foglights tend to crack somewhat easy with road gravel in the winter time.

Excellent Sedan
By Kenneyu

1994 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan

I purchased the 530i from a private party used with 117k miles on it. It was well maintained and has exceeded all expectations I had for this car. Just a fantastic 3.0 eight cylinder engine. Great ride and gets 20 plus mpg.

Favorite Features

German Ride, smooth engine, brakes.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power

Love it!
By RogerK

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I highly recommend this car, I have owned since day one. No problems, did the regular maintenance, still drives like a dream. Smooth but yet the performance is still there.

Favorite Features

The drive, performance, and the overall elegance.

Suggested Improvements

The wheels could have been a better design, kind of bland.