Used 1994 BMW 5 Series 525i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

The best of the best
By jperry525

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchase my 525i last October and it was the best decision I ever made. I had the transmission rebuilt, to ensure the reliability of purschasing a used car. I hadn't had any problem with the car. My car is in mint condition, nice paint job and the interior is flawless. I enjoy driving it and in the near future hope to have M5 upgrades done to it.

On dash computer, heated seats, the design of the car inside and out.

Cupholders.

Great car, fast, fun, reliable
By A Meltzer

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

This was my first BMW and I love it. I spent 3 months/12 test drives before I found it. I got the 5-speed manual, vinyl seats (still look brand new), and no traction control. So despite the smaller engine, it's a sporty ride. Nothing mechanical has ever broken. I just replaced the clutch at 125k, and the synchros on the tranny are starting to wear, but that's it. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, just make sure it is in excellent condition. Try to find a 1995 model - they're the best. The 5-speed is rare but well worth the extra time finding one. Everyone that gets in this car compliments it. The paint still looks new. My dad has always had a Volvo, but now wants a 5er.

5-speed, vinyl seats, RWD, smooth inline 6, steering feel, amazing brakes, near-perfect weight distribution for awesome handling, terrific headlights, sound system (Alpine deck sounds fantastic), manual vent controls, no traction control, close windows by holding in the lock button on remote control.

Power mirrors should have a neutral position so I don't accidentally move them; power window circuitry only allows certain operations to take place at one time. 2.5 liter engine isn't strong enough for me, but a good ECU chip should help with that.

Love my 525i
By bimmerguy

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 525i ~3 yrs. ago with 75000 miles on it. I currently have 138000 miles on it and its running strong. I love it so much that I plan to keep it to keep the miles down on the 1999 bmw 528i that I just purchased on eBay. It only has 31,000 miles and is like a time warp...showroom new. I only paid $7600.00 for the 1994 model and haven't had a payment for 3 yrs. Only routine maintenance except water pump at 105000 miles. Still a good looker despite the harsh coal country driving conditions here in SW Virginia. I still get excited when my foot hits the gas and the inline 6 just keeps pulling...90, 100, 110, 120, 128 before I finally pulled back on the reins. WOW!!

Design, black with taupe leather, comfortable seats with power adjustments, got 30 mpg on one trip to maryland, city is 21 or so. TIGHT, responsive, The Ultimate Driving Machine!!

No cup holders... are you kidding? Material on interior doors has come loose in places. But it is 14 years old and 138000 miles. Wood trim with some cracks also.

Love it!
By RogerK

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I highly recommend this car, I have owned since day one. No problems, did the regular maintenance, still drives like a dream. Smooth but yet the performance is still there.

The drive, performance, and the overall elegance.

The wheels could have been a better design, kind of bland.

Yea!!! it was worth it.
By instep99

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

At 147,000 miles, I'm still thrilled. This is my second 5-series. I got 110,000 miles on a 1986 528i when I began having problems with the (auto) transmission. This one is a 5-speed and I'm hoping to get 200,000 just on g.p., although this Bimmer is now only used for "recreational" driving.

This style is still a head-turner. Very classy exterior design and a quality performance.

Cup holders.