1994 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Good Solid Performer
By jtwizard on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about 25,000 miles. It now has over 173,000 on the clock. Overall it is certainly above average. The exterior look is attractive and timeless. The car is well thought out and most services are easy to do (except the pollen filter). I personally went through the entire car when I purchased it, so I could trust it. It has proven to be very reliable. I have an automatic transmission and would trade it for a stick shift in a second because I prefer a stick.

I LOVE MY CAR
By BMWfan2216 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

Got this car for my 16th birthday and have been driving it ever since the day I got it! I had to get used to the stick~stalled out a few times, but my car is SO forgiving! No problems so far, and I don't think I will have any in the future. I highly recommend any kind of BMW, since I have been in every single model.

BMWs are built to last
By Mr BMW on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for over 4 years now. I bought it used in July 1998 and have had no trouble with it whatsover. It rides like a beauty. When I got it it had 44k miles. It now has 122k miles and it still has the same punch and ride as it did 80k miles back. The only drawbacks are the somewhat cramped backseat leg room. The trunk is very spacious. I have my golf clubs and a cricket kit bag in there all the time and I still have room to fit in stuff. The on-board computer is very helpful.

Performance/cost to own=unbelievable
By Bimmer only driver on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

Bought this "still like new" '94 in '98 with 27,000 miles on it. Have changed oil every 3,000 miles (told this is a waste, however) put on new tires at 40K and have changed every filter on the car. That's it. The car now has 78K miles, drives like new and costs nothing to own. Bought a new Jeep Cherokee as a family ride in 2000 instead of an X5. Don't make that mistake sports fans

Excellent Car
By on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I got it with 89,000 miles on it. Transmission shifts like butter and it has a very quiet engine (and I thot the Honda I owned previously was quiet). I took it to a BMW dealership for a 120 point check up and all they had to do was add some freon to the a/c. Looks great for its age. Definitely a head turner

Excellent Car - Bullet-proof
By Ruze on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable for many, many years. I am right now in the market for a 540i because I'd like something more powerful. But it has been more than adequate for commuting and can handle high speeds with ease. It is also as comfortable and feels like a new car inside (no sagging seats at all).