1994 BMW 5 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Awesome Wagon
By moogplayer on 01/15/06 00:03 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

After loads of research, I narrowed the field to a 94 or 95 BMW 525it. Found a white '94 525it from a 2nd owner private party with 117K and newer transmission with receipts and warranty (for 2 1/2 more years or 30K more miles). Bought it for about $6K. This thing is SOLID. I went from an Altima to this. Talk about enormous difference in all aspects of build quality, performance, handling, braking, everything. I have 2 small kids and feel very safe driving this fairly heavy wagon around. I think this series looks better tan the new wagons. And the 2.5L V6 is bulletproof - tried and true. I've done some preventive maintenance but other than that this thing has been problem-free since I got it.

Pure Excellence
By John Doe III on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

I have owned this Beemer for almost 5yrs It has taken me to a level never dreamed of with 40 other cars, trucks. It is more like my airplane construction quality. Solid ride, no expense except maintainence to 116000 mi. 29 mpg Hy all day on PLUS. Paid $19k in '98 w/36k mi...can't find another "deal".

Got lucky
By SrfngFn on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Wagon 525i 4dr Wagon

I had been keeping my eyes open for an import station wagon, and happened across this beautiful car. I absolutely love it--by far the best driving car I have ever owned and the styling is classic -- people usually think this car is newer than '94, and it has almost 150,000 miles on it! A couple of things to watch out for in buying a used one: check to make sure the transmission has been rebuilt or replaced--there are apparently a lot of problems with this particular model. You also may need to invest in new control arms in the front end if they haven't been replaced already -- the bushings apparently get worn.