Used 1994 BMW 5 Series 525i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Great Used Car
By bimmerdev

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car recently for $1400 with 184,00 miles on it. I was looking for something with decent gas mileage under $2k. I researched theses older BMW's. The engine reliability and overall quality were praised heavily. I have not been dissapointed! I look forward to driving it every day. I can see why BMW has earned a great reputation over the years. Styling is still appealing on the car and it has been extremely reliable with only normal wear items needing replacing. Fun to drive. My goal was to get a year max out of it. After 4 months, I am now thinking of seriously keeping it for as long as possible. It has been worth every penny and averages 27 mpg at 50/50 hwy vs city.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, handles great, ergonomics, seats are very supportive, great classic looking BMW styling.

Suggested Improvements

None. BMW got it right with the E34.

Peace of mind
By piece of mind

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I love my 5 series its the best car I've had in years. Comfort and drive ability are awesome, I just lowered it for better handling because man I love cruising it, only minor repairs done like fuel and air filter and an aftermarket exhaust along with brake kits for front and rear, if you want a great car with good mpg then this is the way to go.

Favorite Features

comfort and drivability

Suggested Improvements

a little more power stock but with few up grades you will make people stare

525i a great reliable car
By RickP

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

People said BMWs were expensive to maintain, but not this one. So far, only routine oil changes, shocks & other normal wear items, and an extremely reliable, low cost, and fun to drive car. Gets about 30 MPG on highway, 23 around town. Everything works on the car.

Built like a Tank
By Ty7

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car 5 months ago from its 2nd owner. I actually only paid 1500 for this car and it definitely had it's share of wear. When I bought it, it had 204,000 miles and now has 211,000. I commute 42 miles a day for work and this car runs like a champ! Some people may say "Wow, that's a lot of miles on it" but my 1984 318 had 330,000 and was still running when I sold it. Of course I had to replace a few things like tires, wiper blades, etc. Just basic maintenance things. This model is an excellent vehicle. Nothing drives like a BMW. So far, no problems whatsoever. It had some miles when I bought it, but I think I got a heck of a deal.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, pretty good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders?? These cars were 35000 new and no cup holders

The Ultimate Pre-owned Driving Machine
By Whipp

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

WOW, WOW, WOW.... What a great vehicle and a workhorse. I feel lucky to have the purchase. Fun to drive and is fast, handles well. Do your due diligence and you will be rewarded. Wanted a second vehicle (mini-van is primary) to bounce the wife and I around town for errands. This fits the bill. Not cheap to own... but preventive maintenance goes a long way. Use a real BMW mechanic and go on-line to the BMW forums and you will really enjoy the car.

Favorite Features

Speed (crazy v-6 on a small frame) and handling, blowing doors off around corners (stock too).

Suggested Improvements

More space for seating in the rear.