1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Great Used Car
By bimmerdev on 10/04/12 18:18 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car recently for $1400 with 184,00 miles on it. I was looking for something with decent gas mileage under $2k. I researched theses older BMW's. The engine reliability and overall quality were praised heavily. I have not been dissapointed! I look forward to driving it every day. I can see why BMW has earned a great reputation over the years. Styling is still appealing on the car and it has been extremely reliable with only normal wear items needing replacing. Fun to drive. My goal was to get a year max out of it. After 4 months, I am now thinking of seriously keeping it for as long as possible. It has been worth every penny and averages 27 mpg at 50/50 hwy vs city.

Peace of mind
By piece of mind on 06/02/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I love my 5 series its the best car I've had in years. Comfort and drive ability are awesome, I just lowered it for better handling because man I love cruising it, only minor repairs done like fuel and air filter and an aftermarket exhaust along with brake kits for front and rear, if you want a great car with good mpg then this is the way to go.

Built like a Tank
By Ty7 on 01/10/10 12:04 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car 5 months ago from its 2nd owner. I actually only paid 1500 for this car and it definitely had it's share of wear. When I bought it, it had 204,000 miles and now has 211,000. I commute 42 miles a day for work and this car runs like a champ! Some people may say "Wow, that's a lot of miles on it" but my 1984 318 had 330,000 and was still running when I sold it. Of course I had to replace a few things like tires, wiper blades, etc. Just basic maintenance things. This model is an excellent vehicle. Nothing drives like a BMW. So far, no problems whatsoever. It had some miles when I bought it, but I think I got a heck of a deal.

The Ultimate Pre-owned Driving Machine
By Whipp on 06/08/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

WOW, WOW, WOW.... What a great vehicle and a workhorse. I feel lucky to have the purchase. Fun to drive and is fast, handles well. Do your due diligence and you will be rewarded. Wanted a second vehicle (mini-van is primary) to bounce the wife and I around town for errands. This fits the bill. Not cheap to own... but preventive maintenance goes a long way. Use a real BMW mechanic and go on-line to the BMW forums and you will really enjoy the car.

525i a great reliable car
By RickP on 10/11/07 17:53 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

People said BMWs were expensive to maintain, but not this one. So far, only routine oil changes, shocks & other normal wear items, and an extremely reliable, low cost, and fun to drive car. Gets about 30 MPG on highway, 23 around town. Everything works on the car.

The best of the best
By jperry525 on 09/04/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchase my 525i last October and it was the best decision I ever made. I had the transmission rebuilt, to ensure the reliability of purschasing a used car. I hadn't had any problem with the car. My car is in mint condition, nice paint job and the interior is flawless. I enjoy driving it and in the near future hope to have M5 upgrades done to it.

Great car, fast, fun, reliable
By A Meltzer on 07/18/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This was my first BMW and I love it. I spent 3 months/12 test drives before I found it. I got the 5-speed manual, vinyl seats (still look brand new), and no traction control. So despite the smaller engine, it's a sporty ride. Nothing mechanical has ever broken. I just replaced the clutch at 125k, and the synchros on the tranny are starting to wear, but that's it. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, just make sure it is in excellent condition. Try to find a 1995 model - they're the best. The 5-speed is rare but well worth the extra time finding one. Everyone that gets in this car compliments it. The paint still looks new. My dad has always had a Volvo, but now wants a 5er.

Love my 525i
By bimmerguy on 01/22/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 525i ~3 yrs. ago with 75000 miles on it. I currently have 138000 miles on it and its running strong. I love it so much that I plan to keep it to keep the miles down on the 1999 bmw 528i that I just purchased on eBay. It only has 31,000 miles and is like a time warp...showroom new. I only paid $7600.00 for the 1994 model and haven't had a payment for 3 yrs. Only routine maintenance except water pump at 105000 miles. Still a good looker despite the harsh coal country driving conditions here in SW Virginia. I still get excited when my foot hits the gas and the inline 6 just keeps pulling...90, 100, 110, 120, 128 before I finally pulled back on the reins. WOW!!

Love it!
By RogerK on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I highly recommend this car, I have owned since day one. No problems, did the regular maintenance, still drives like a dream. Smooth but yet the performance is still there.

Yea!!! it was worth it.
By instep99 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

At 147,000 miles, I'm still thrilled. This is my second 5-series. I got 110,000 miles on a 1986 528i when I began having problems with the (auto) transmission. This one is a 5-speed and I'm hoping to get 200,000 just on g.p., although this Bimmer is now only used for "recreational" driving.