1993 BMW 5 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love My 5-series Touring

1993 BMW 5 Series Wagon - Consumer Review

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

Love My 5-series Touring
By Maggio Slooter on

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

This car was super-clean at the time of purchase, and had close to 80,000 miles on her. I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing a vehicle with that many miles, but this car has been the most reliable we have ever owned, and now has over 180,000 miles. I replaced the 15" wheels with M-series 17" of that era, replaced the springs with M springs, and added a performance chip. I never tire of driving her and continue to admire the styling, which to my eye, is timeless. For a car which is now 18 years old, it very much holds its own in looks and performance. It's also damn practical. I've hauled all kinds of heavy stuff, and the self-leveling system works brilliantly. I give BMW an A+

Favorite Features

Handling, fun to drive, great gas mileage on the highway, practicality, looks. My dog loves the huge dual sunroof(s). And, you don't see these cars every day, which adds a bit of "exclusivity". :) Parts are surprisingly reasonable. I never thought I'd love a station wagon, but this one's a keeper.

Suggested Improvements

!5" factory wheels are homely. Rear wiring harnesses in the hatch door have been repaired and replaced a couple of times. This is an obviously weak point in what's otherwise a very well-designed vehicle. Someday I may put an M motor in this car!