1993 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Old school fun
By ucancallmenick on 04/06/14 18:10 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased in 2010 as my first car. I have loved it since the day we bought it with 149,000 miles, it's been reliable, comfortable, and it has superb handling. Now that it has 184,000 miles it still drives like a champ. It did have a few missteps, but you don't buy a $1,800 BMW and expect it to be perfect. First the passenger side window motors went out in 2010, then the alternator in 2012, and the cooling system finally in 2014. Still, it never really let me down, it has gone through three accidents relatively unscathed too. Awesome german engineering.

Love My 5-series Touring
By Maggio Slooter on 07/14/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

This car was super-clean at the time of purchase, and had close to 80,000 miles on her. I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing a vehicle with that many miles, but this car has been the most reliable we have ever owned, and now has over 180,000 miles. I replaced the 15" wheels with M-series 17" of that era, replaced the springs with M springs, and added a performance chip. I never tire of driving her and continue to admire the styling, which to my eye, is timeless. For a car which is now 18 years old, it very much holds its own in looks and performance. It's also damn practical. I've hauled all kinds of heavy stuff, and the self-leveling system works brilliantly. I give BMW an A+

Aged very well
By Alex on 06/05/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

I enjoyed driving this car especially on the open road where it excelled. I had a few unexpected problems with the injector system. Also the rear hatch and window gave me some trouble. I only wish the driver's seat would move back 2 more inches!! I am only 6'0" tall, but I would get uncomfortable on longer trips and my wife, same height, actually disliked the seats even more. The switch for the heated seats is badly located. When you fold down the rear seats you can carry a ton of stuff! Even at over 100k miles it was a purring cat. The extra long double sun roof was awesome. Gas mileage was a problem with high prices, but the power and stable ride are the trade off. No cup holders, though!

Investing in the past pays in the Future
By Stacy on 05/08/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1993 BMW 525i when it had over 121,000 miles on it. I did not blink when this great automobile came my way. I paid under market value for the car and it was in excellent condition. I have not had any problems with this thirteen year old beauty. It drives smooth and incredibly quiet. The style is a little dated, but the interior features are not. This old car is still quite a luxury. Anyone thinking about owning an older BMW should not think too hard, because my car is proof that reliable engineering will last over 200,000 miles. This 13 year old BMW is the first one that I have owned and I now claim to be an exclusive BMW owner.

More than a grocery getter
By Midamrail on 12/27/04 11:08 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 109K from a BMW dealership for commuting to work and hauling our Labradors. It has proven to be reliable, enjoyable to drive, relatively economical, and one of the best vehicles we've ever owned.

1993 bmw
By eneed on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

excellent value very reliable great on fuel perfect finish leather interior like new great handling

A grocery getter for those who love cars
By Midamrail on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

This car has so far been a flawless performer. It's enjoyable to drive, and I'm convinced it's one of the best wagons ever made. The car is very well built and designed inside and out and has delivered on the BMW name and reputation.

93 BMW 525i
By NJBMWowner on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

I have owned this car for 10 years and it has been great. It still drives as if on rails. Acceleration and handling are outstanding. The five speed manual is smooth as silk. Interior is holding up well. Heated seats are great in the winter. When in for service, I get a free loaner. It is always a comfort to get my car back as I believe it actually drives better than the loaner cars even after these many years.

This is th one!
By 5alive on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I have been BMW shopping for months and then I find this 525i on Ebay of all places. What can I say. This is it. A gem of a car. Fun to drive and looks to kill. The automatic sport trans is a thrill and the power is never ending. These are great values right now. Get a good one with low miles. Mine is at 77k.

Very excited
By Radley Espadron on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan

The feel and power of this car makes me feel like I'mm actually driving a sports car. But the roominess reminds me that I'm in a sedan.