Now I understand ...
By sotampa on
1992 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon
This car is not a speedster. Gearing is for practicality (wagon and 'touring' version). This is a road car. A dream on the highway. Solid cornering. It is a GREAT car. I'm up over 212,000 miles on this car and it is still GREAT! Sample problems have been: Door latch had to be replaced. Brake light module failed. Fuel pump replaced. Got to fo the a BMW pro on this car. Parts are always from the dealer. You can feel nickel and dimed (dollar and fived?). I have had several excellent up-end Japanese cars. The power is with the Japanese but the car itself along with the driveability goes to the BMW. I NEVER expected to get hooked. I am.
Favorite Features
Cornering, brakes, style, finish. Trip computer is excellent... it tells you everything you want to know including performance (the miles/gal, range) to maintenance issues (which light is out, when you need the fluids checked). The car is built like a tank. You really get to like the car.
Suggested Improvements
How can you spend nearly 40k on a car and not have a cup holder? The onboard computer lost pixels.