1992 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Better than expected...

1992 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

525i Wagon (2.5L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Better than expected...
By dkisme2 on

1992 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Wagon

This it the first BMW I've ever owned, and I will happily buy one again. I've had to do very minor repairs with it since I got it almost a year ago. It came with just over 360,000 miles (yes that's correct, not a typo). And currently it's got over 372,000 miles on it. I've had to repair the oil seal and that's been about it. I'm going to be buying tires for it soon, otherwise it's in great shape (interior is nearly flawless). There's minor rust along the bottoms of the doors, but what do you expect for any car that's driven in Wisconsin? Overall, I couldn't be happier, and I definitely plan on running it till over 450,000, hopefully 500,000 miles.

Interior is comfortable, quite on the highway, cruises nicely. Handles great, acceleration is decent. Get's about 30 mpg on highway (5-speed manual), comfortable even for 4 adults. Paint stays shiny after 17 years.

I agree with everyone else, no Cupholders?? Kind of a pain. Otherwise, extremely happy!