1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Loved this car
By eeeeerik on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Got this car 2 years old out coming out of college, fella before me put 76K miles on it in the first two years so I got a great deal. In the next 2 years I put another 60K miles on it, never a hiccup. Gave it to my wife when we got married. Now with 2 kids and over 200K miles, the maintenance cycle has picked up beyond what I'm willing to commit (which is quite a bit). The engine/tranny is still solid. It's the belts, water pump, alternator, battery, leather seats are starting to rip, you get the point. Hate to call it quits but the time has come.

1992 525i
By dmoss on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car! The car is built like a tank, and it is still solid at 11 years old.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Joey Bag on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

She is a 1992 535i 5 speed. I have owner her since 1999 and havent had any major problems at all. She now has 215,000 miles on her and runs really strong. I changed the clutch and throw- out bearing at 180,000 miles. That cost $800. I did the front-end and replaced all the gastket including the head gasket at 200,000. was around $2000.00. She rides like a brand new car, people are always asking me what year it is and when i say 92 they are like wow, and everyong always compliment the smooth ride. She has great power and with the 5 speed its alot of fun, I added 17 inch wheels and now she handle awesome.

RW 92 525i
By Richard Wamboldt on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Caris basically excelent,however, numerous mechanical problems have been encountered: 3 burnt exhaust valves between 96000 and 123000 miles, A/C compressor failure at 82000, water pump total failure at 90000, fuel pump failure at 97000. The clutch, which I drove for 104000 required replacement recently and then, only the throwout bearing actually required replacement. The car is in excelent condition, no body damage and the leather interior is clean and undamaged. All functions are working.

one excellent car
By ted phillips on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Our '92 525I 5 speed is the best all around sedan I have ever owned. With a 5-speed the performance is quite good and the gas mileage is 26mpg at 75-80 on the highway and about 21-22 used locally. The body and paint look new and the interior leather is still quite good. There has been only one significant repair to replace engine oil seals, otherwise the car has been absolutely trouble free for 108000 miles (still original perfect clutch).