Used 1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Luv my Bimmer
By Kenny

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

This auto has been a joy to own and drive. I am fortunate in that I can do most of my own routine repairs, of which there have been few. Good Luck.

The handling, stability on the road and responsiveness are second to none.

A bit less of the stark, Germanic inside treatment. Some goodies like cup holders, etc.

awesome
By Casey Pickell

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

this BMW is a solid ride. i bought it with 114000 miles for 4000 dollars. it was the steal of the century. the engine is smooth as butter with effortless acceleration in the top end(it could use some more low end power) it gets great fuel economy for a 6cyl, 20 city 28-30 at 65 mph on highway. the seats are incredible and hold their age magnificently. the trunk is huge and the same for the sunroof.the computer is nifty as well, i didnt think they had that stuff in 1992. i have had no problems at all with the car in 6000 miles of driving.

seats, smooth power, looks, features, stereo, trunk size

low end power

Excellent choice !
By Serega

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

Straight to the point: 1) Reliable car. Bought the car with 138K miles on it - not a single complaint during the first year. 2) The performance is awesome, just shift AT into S mode and you can outrun most of the cars. Handles corners like it's glued to the ground. Definitely a fun to drive. 3) The only competitors at this price lack style and/or performance. 4) Comfort is superb: climate control, noice isolation, power everything. The list is unlimited. 5) Fuel economy: I get 20 mpg in mixed conditions with agressive driving. 6) Interior design: everything is where it's supposed to be. 7) Exterior still turns heads. 8) Overall:has 50K$ car feel:)

Comfortable, reliable, fast, rear wheel drive, quiet, 6cyl engine is great. Note: don't buy 535 - it only has about 20hp more but is way more pricey. If you need more HP - consider 1994 530 or 540. Those have 8cyl engines and "rated 10" performance.

None. Great car for the money. Not as firm as 3-series and not as bulky as 7-series, but has performance and luxury to match both. Definitely getting myself another 5-series. Probably will consider 540 next time. PS: oh, yes, you should see people's faces when they find out you drive a BMW ! :)

Best of all!
By Luke B.

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW and I am hooked! I have owned Saabs, Sterlings and a Range Rover, but after driving and owning this car I can confidently say that I will have it for a long long time and my next car will be another BMW. I have owned the car for the last 16,000 and have had no serious issues, only a few minor problems like replacing sensors and some difficulty with the seat motors. My most expensive bill so far has been the 90,000 mile service, but other than that, all is quite well!

Performance, handling, style and the responce one recieves when saying "I drive a BMW" (even if it is older).

Make the parts and service cheaper:)

1992 525 BMW
By kuda

1992 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

Overall this is an excellent car! I would highly recommend picking one up especially if you can find a low mileage vehicle.

Handling

the BAse 525I could use a bit more power. I have since purchased a 540I and the extra power is nice.