1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Paying Tribute to my 5 Series
By hb1991 on 06/05/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

316k miles and still drives like a dream. This car has been in my family for 12 years and has not given me any major mechanical problems. This has been and will be the best car I will ever own. It has reliably performed throughout its service life. No bells and whistles, just a bare bones car that never acts up. I reliably changed the oil every 4k miles and did all maintenance myself. For a 21 year old car it shines up like a new penny. Beautiful, reliable, and a joy to drive. I will miss her when she's gone...ought to go to a BMW museum. What a joy.

1991 blk on blk 525i beamer - Luv it!
By Lovely Beverly on 09/04/06 15:44 PM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I finally decided to give the 1991 525i a review. I only drive BMWs and the 525i is my 3rd beamer (automatic), I prefer manuals but... My 525i has 243,878 miles on it and it still rides smooth, tight and stiff. I did put a transmission in it at around 210k because the 3rd gear went out. Above all the regular maintenance and small things that goes wrong, like the cig, lighter(s) not working, I love this machine. It's the bomb.

Awesome Vehicle
By tcana6 on 07/16/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

This is the very first BMW that I have ever owned. It's really perfect small to my style and sporty looking.

Billy's Machine on Wheels
By Bill D on 07/04/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I have always dreamed of having a bmw because it has been in our family for around 25 years. That same car is still driving to this day with over 200,000. When I purchased mine with 130,000 miles. I loved the way it drives and how it handles the road and curves. I had my brother who owns a lincoln continental 1991 same year as mine and he test drove it for around 80 minutes and he told me that he should purchase this car and looked at him and said we are car shopping for me not you. he said this bmw drove better then his car. So I bought it and love. I never have any issues and my bmw now has over 161,000 miles and still going strong.

E-34 --- The best kept secret !
By Josh S. on 03/07/05 16:57 PM (PST)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I've had my 525i for about a year and a half, and have no regrets about the purchase. This car feels like a "real" car. It feels safe and solid, the 2.5 straight six is adequate, and the car handles well. The 50/50 weight distribution is one reason for this. The build quality is outstanding and the design seems straightforward and no-nonsense. It looks timeless, and as a used vehicle, I think one gets a lot for their money with this car. And besides, since this car is designed to be stable at 130 m.p.h., imagine how stable it feels at 70 m.p.h.! Since I enjoy fixing my own vehicles, I consider parts availability and dealership cooperation important. My local dealer has been obliging!

Spectacular car
By ArmenB on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

Amazing automobile. Quiet and smooth on the highway, great reflexes and dynamics on the back roads and race track. 175k and more solid than some new cars I've driven.

An Inexpensive Luxery
By Elebaster on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

After having this auto for 6 months, I have no regrets. It is comfortable, reliable and has enough power to navigate big city traffic with ease. The only problem is that it goes around 20.0 MPG and requires premium (93 octane) petrol.

pieces of a dream
By dr.g on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

fun sedan, love the 5 speed hardly ever needs repairs. i've driven over 100,000 moles with this car, i put 85000 miles on my previous 1986 535 without any major problems

10 years
By Gerome on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd BMW, and although I now know they start to need some attention at about 10 years old, the engine if taken care of will perform forever. The overall build, quality and performance of these cars are remarkable and I will probably always own a BMW.

A Fantastic Car!
By fernando on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best cars ever made by BMW. There is a perfect balance within power, performance, luxury an fun to drive.