1990 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Best Car Owned So Far!

1990 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Best Car Owned So Far!
By ScrumDawg on

1990 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 535i two years ago from BMW of Nashville as is. It had one previous owner who used this dealership for all services. The car was running hot and they changed the thermostat thinking that was the problem. As it turned out it was the head gasket. They replaced it for FREE. Since then I have had to replace some hoses, clamps, struts, suspension bars, brakes and tires. As long as I maintain the engine with regular fluid changes and tune-ups I plan on driving this car to 300K miles. If you are thinking of purchasing one, be sure you get the 3.5 litre engine vs the 2.5. The weight of the body and frame demand it.

The dash is easily read. The A/C kicks butt in the Tennessee summer heat. The stock stereo rocks and rolls. (I added a 10 disc CD changer which is great on long trips) The sun roof is used quite freguently. The cruise control is very easy to use and it works like a charm.

BMW finally got the hint a few years later and added cup holders. Leg room in the back for grown men is a little tight.