1990 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Lucked out !
By Michael Spiro on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

We bought a BMW 525i in may when we fisrt arrived. We couldn't beleive what a buy we were getting. I mean we paid cash for a BMW and thought it's just a matter of time before something major goes wrong with. 4 months later and she goes like a dream and start up like she has been waiting all night to go for a drive. As my mechanic said this is the best engine that BMW ever built. It will just go on and on and on as long as you look after her !!! And trust me we do.

1990 BMW 525i
By W E Phillips on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

One of the best BMWs ever made. I have owned three BMW and I have enjoyed every one, but my 1990 525i has been unbelievable. 140,000 miles on the brakes and 155,000 miles on the original clutch and still counting. This is with four different drivers and 50/50 city and highway driving. Great looks, functionality, and dependability. Now if it just had a little more horsepower.

A pretty good car over the years
By wingnut on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 525I since new (11 years). The only thing I would comment over the years is the maintenance cost is expensive, however one should expect,you pay for the price of luxury, and outstanding performance...I have no regrets in my ownership!! A well built car