1990 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
I Love My Car, !!BUT!!
By Terry Akron OH. on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I bought my car from a friend who purchased it new. He had it for 10yrs and kept in perfect condition.I have had for 3yrs now and things are starting to go wrong with it. I bought it with 71,000.00mi now it has 150,000.00mi it still runs great, drives great, and looks great, !!BUT!! things are starting to wear out. I wish things did not cost so much to get repaired. Someone please help!

525i classic
By bmw admirer on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

Bought 1989 525i new. It was my 3rd BMW. It has been great. No problems in 117000 miles. Great drive. I am going to get a new car for improved safety (i.e. airbags). Unfortunately, the next car won't be a BMW because of weird style and i-drive of coming 530i similar to 745i.

This puppy flies
By Thomas E on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I'm the third owner to this vehicle. I recently purchased it from a friend for a few grands. Besides the fact that it's a BMW, I was blessed with its color- electric red. This puppy has over 170k miles on it and still drives super smooth. Friends who drive 2002 non-bmw cars immediately feel the difference when they get into my '90 BMW. If treated right, these engines can gracefully acquire 250k- 300k miles. I've yet to spend a dime on it. It honestly feels like a $25k dollar car, which isn't even a fraction for its current retail value.

Lucked out !
By Michael Spiro on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

We bought a BMW 525i in may when we fisrt arrived. We couldn't beleive what a buy we were getting. I mean we paid cash for a BMW and thought it's just a matter of time before something major goes wrong with. 4 months later and she goes like a dream and start up like she has been waiting all night to go for a drive. As my mechanic said this is the best engine that BMW ever built. It will just go on and on and on as long as you look after her !!! And trust me we do.

1990 BMW 525i
By W E Phillips on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

One of the best BMWs ever made. I have owned three BMW and I have enjoyed every one, but my 1990 525i has been unbelievable. 140,000 miles on the brakes and 155,000 miles on the original clutch and still counting. This is with four different drivers and 50/50 city and highway driving. Great looks, functionality, and dependability. Now if it just had a little more horsepower.

A pretty good car over the years
By wingnut on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 525I since new (11 years). The only thing I would comment over the years is the maintenance cost is expensive, however one should expect,you pay for the price of luxury, and outstanding performance...I have no regrets in my ownership!! A well built car