BMW 535 GT
By gadgetguy2 on
2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
The reviews I read on this car did not seem to know what to make of it. The uniqueness of the vehicle caused magazine reviewers to give it a second take, but not rate it very high. I have been driving my 535 GT for a little over a month now and it is awsome. The adaptive suspension is for real. Pick the comfort setting and the engine, transmission and suspension change into a luxery vehicle. Push the sport button while driving and feel the suspension tighten and the tach jump as the engine and transmission have a change of attitude. The headroom is cavernous. I fit in very few cars due to my height, but this car is great. The 20 way adjustable seats are worth the option price.
Favorite Features
The technology in this car is incredible. The laser cruise control really works. The 535 GT slows and even brakes the vehicle if necessary. The cruise will even adjust in stop and go traffic. The cell phone integration is remarkable. On my first drive the vehicle downloaded all my phone contacts and now dials automatically with voice commands with no voice training necessary. The four wheel steering makes cornering effortless. The cabin is quieter at highway speeds than any car I have ridden in. The radio and hard drive are great for downloading music of a USB or connecting an ipod. Every time I drive the car the technology in the car suprises me with something new.
Suggested Improvements
Integrate the night vision into the heads-up display and mount the infrared sensors for a higher vantage point.