2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series Gran Turismo model:
Wonderful
By maxozrotic on 02/19/14 10:33 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 535i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

As close to the perfect car as anyone has created. I know there is no such thing, but, the GT is nearest the bullseye. Nice combination of luxury/comfort, utility, decent MPG's (for what it is), and being a 'drivers car'. I'm an ex SAAB guy so I realy appreciate the GT's SAABness but with more luxury. And New England snow can't stop it. I love this car!

Perfect Car
By gary165 on 05/19/12 18:29 PM (PDT)

I was looking for a more comfortable SUV to replace my x3. When I drove the 535 GT, I knew I had found it. Not only that, but I no longer needed my 2008 750 either. This car is a 740i with a hatch back. Who needs an SUV when you can own this car? Back seats lean back as well as fold down. More comfortable than my 750 back seats. More leg room in back than the short wheel base 750. The rest of the car is a 7 series, at a 20% discount! The six cylinder engine surprised me. More powerful than my 2001 740. High low end torque. Navigation is great. Hard drive is very convenient for storing music. Bluetooth is seamless. If you need a large comfortable car AND an SUV, this is the perfect vehicle.

Perfect vehicle
By wittyj on 10/26/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned the car about 4 months now and have driven about 4500 miles. Totally flawless performance. Recent trip of over 2000 miles we averaged hi-way mileage of 29.6 to 33.4 mpg per tank. The comfort of this vehicle is awesome. Multifunction seats are worth every dollar spent. There have been NO maintenance issues whatsoever.

BMW 535iGT
By wittyj on 09/22/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

This may be the perfect vehicle. Extremely comfortable with very easy entry and exit. The rear seat is huge. Stow the parcel shelf, lower the seat backs and you have loads of cargo space. The ride and handling are superb. Performance is very good and the economy is above the EPA numbers. 31.5 mpg on the highway is easy to get. The 8 speed is an excellent transmission and the engine is very smooth and powerful enough for all situations. It is not an "M" but will cruise at whatever speed you wish. BMW quality is excellent and the multi-function seats are worth every penny. The seat height is about 4 inches higher than the seven series and about 3.5 inches lower than the X5. EASY entry and exit

BMW 535 GT
By gadgetguy2 on 01/13/11 21:31 PM (PST)

The reviews I read on this car did not seem to know what to make of it. The uniqueness of the vehicle caused magazine reviewers to give it a second take, but not rate it very high. I have been driving my 535 GT for a little over a month now and it is awsome. The adaptive suspension is for real. Pick the comfort setting and the engine, transmission and suspension change into a luxery vehicle. Push the sport button while driving and feel the suspension tighten and the tach jump as the engine and transmission have a change of attitude. The headroom is cavernous. I fit in very few cars due to my height, but this car is great. The 20 way adjustable seats are worth the option price.

Best Car I have ever owned
By FormerLexusDriver on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 550i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned all the luxury brand cars. This is the best car ever! Some of the reviews suggest ugly styling and grabby breaks. I really do not know what they are talking about. This car is quite wonderful in every respect. It drives like an M5, is as comfortable as any car out there, both front and rear, is full of every possible gadget imaginable, and has looks to die for (in my humble opinion). Dissenters, get a life! :-)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback in VA is:

$187 per month*