Used 2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series Gran Turismo model:

Wonderful
By maxozrotic

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

As close to the perfect car as anyone has created. I know there is no such thing, but, the GT is nearest the bullseye. Nice combination of luxury/comfort, utility, decent MPG's (for what it is), and being a 'drivers car'. I'm an ex SAAB guy so I realy appreciate the GT's SAABness but with more luxury. And New England snow can't stop it. I love this car!

Perfect Car
By gary165

I was looking for a more comfortable SUV to replace my x3. When I drove the 535 GT, I knew I had found it. Not only that, but I no longer needed my 2008 750 either. This car is a 740i with a hatch back. Who needs an SUV when you can own this car? Back seats lean back as well as fold down. More comfortable than my 750 back seats. More leg room in back than the short wheel base 750. The rest of the car is a 7 series, at a 20% discount! The six cylinder engine surprised me. More powerful than my 2001 740. High low end torque. Navigation is great. Hard drive is very convenient for storing music. Bluetooth is seamless. If you need a large comfortable car AND an SUV, this is the perfect vehicle.

Navigation, hard drive, bluetooth. Easily packs almost as much as the x5, but drives close to the ground and much more comfortable. Six cylinder engine is remarkable. Quicker than my 2001 740, yet I get 21 mpg in suburban driving. About 28 mpg on the highway. Cruise control very flexible. Voice activation of everything works perfectly.

Absolutely none. This car is perfect.

Perfect vehicle
By wittyj

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned the car about 4 months now and have driven about 4500 miles. Totally flawless performance. Recent trip of over 2000 miles we averaged hi-way mileage of 29.6 to 33.4 mpg per tank. The comfort of this vehicle is awesome. Multifunction seats are worth every dollar spent. There have been NO maintenance issues whatsoever.

Engine, 8 speed transmission, comfort and the fact that the seat height is about 4 inches lower than our X5 and 3.5 inches higher than the seven series. This seat height is PERFECT for entering and exiting a vehicle. Hatchback is great for carrying larger items. Cargo space is tremendous.

Bigger side view mirrors (please) and larger sun visors. Also make the visors movable so when flipped to the side they cover the length of the side window.

BMW 535iGT
By wittyj

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This may be the perfect vehicle. Extremely comfortable with very easy entry and exit. The rear seat is huge. Stow the parcel shelf, lower the seat backs and you have loads of cargo space. The ride and handling are superb. Performance is very good and the economy is above the EPA numbers. 31.5 mpg on the highway is easy to get. The 8 speed is an excellent transmission and the engine is very smooth and powerful enough for all situations. It is not an "M" but will cruise at whatever speed you wish. BMW quality is excellent and the multi-function seats are worth every penny. The seat height is about 4 inches higher than the seven series and about 3.5 inches lower than the X5. EASY entry and exit

Seat height, multi-function seats 8-speed transmission, handling. One great family hauler.

Bigger sun visors and larger side view mirrors. Other than that it is a perfect vehicle

BMW 535 GT
By gadgetguy2

2011 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The reviews I read on this car did not seem to know what to make of it. The uniqueness of the vehicle caused magazine reviewers to give it a second take, but not rate it very high. I have been driving my 535 GT for a little over a month now and it is awsome. The adaptive suspension is for real. Pick the comfort setting and the engine, transmission and suspension change into a luxery vehicle. Push the sport button while driving and feel the suspension tighten and the tach jump as the engine and transmission have a change of attitude. The headroom is cavernous. I fit in very few cars due to my height, but this car is great. The 20 way adjustable seats are worth the option price.

The technology in this car is incredible. The laser cruise control really works. The 535 GT slows and even brakes the vehicle if necessary. The cruise will even adjust in stop and go traffic. The cell phone integration is remarkable. On my first drive the vehicle downloaded all my phone contacts and now dials automatically with voice commands with no voice training necessary. The four wheel steering makes cornering effortless. The cabin is quieter at highway speeds than any car I have ridden in. The radio and hard drive are great for downloading music of a USB or connecting an ipod. Every time I drive the car the technology in the car suprises me with something new.

Integrate the night vision into the heads-up display and mount the infrared sensors for a higher vantage point.