Used 2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo 550i Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series Gran Turismo model:

Most Helpful|
Awesome
By Drakemac

2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 550i 4dr Hatchback (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

You've heard it before, the pictures lie. This car is beautiful. The interior is one of the best I've ever experienced. I've had a 1st gen X5, 745, 345 and a 2007 X5. This is the best of the bunch. I love the combination of power, convenience and comfort. I myself think the lighter colors hurt the looks of the car. They make it look wide and flat. I have a black one with two-tone, black and off-white interior. Love it. So happy with my choice!

Favorite Features

Engine, Navigation, commanding driving height, interior and roominess.

Suggested Improvements

four wheel drive (I couldn't wait), larger side mirrors

The ultimate driving machine get the car
By Likecarz

By far the best BMW I've owned. 2 x5s, 2 x6s and 328ix and my new 550i gt stands out from them all. Quality, great ride, sporty/athletic look (the pictures do not do this car justice. You have to see it up close and personal). Got the 19" upgraded wheels, sport package, loaded, black on black. It's awesome! Get this car!

Favorite Features

Seats are unbelievably comfortable, power and smooth 8 speed transmission, new front end design is sharp, Luxury Rear Seat pkg is great, get the Sport Package for sure,

Suggested Improvements

Larger side mirrors please.

Had 550i GT 5 days, In shop 12 days
By Nevada Driver

Had the car for four days and the DDC failed. Dealer cannot fix the problem but they are trying. I have no complaints with the dealer it is BMW that is the problem. Need a part from Germany but it will take, and I quote BMW, "WEEKS". To be continued

Favorite Features

The car is fantastic to drive, if I could

Suggested Improvements

BMW support your dealer!

Ugly!
By BettyH

This Car is the perfect example of a love/hate relationship. The interior is flawless, it's simply gorgeous, handles good, But what was the designer thinking! It's the ugliest car in the world! It must have been beaten with the ugly wand! Ugh!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Fix the ugly

Love My 5GT!
By Neil

I opted for the European Delivery option and collected my new 550i GT in April 2010. The pics don't do it justice -- this car is a beauty. With the big twin turbo V8 this was fun to drive in Europe. We hit 130 on the Autobahn (OK, we were not trying hard enough). Drove through Liechtenstein through the Alps into Italy and across highway 10 along the Med -- this was a James Bond drive with windy roads in and out of tunnels. Super cool! The car was great throughout the trip. I loaded this baby with options. The heads-up display is fantastic especially when trying to navigate unfamiliar territory -- it makes a wrong turn much less likely. The new iDrive is way better than before too.

Favorite Features

Heads-up display, twin turbo V8, sport package lets you choose comfort mode for long highway drives or sport mode when playing James Bond. I think the doubters will come around on the styling. Perfect car for me -- a fast 5er with extra rear seat and cargo room.

Suggested Improvements

iDrive should be replaced with a touch screen. Enough already!