2016 BMW 4 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW 4 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4 Series model:

Estoril blue beauty
By Betsy in Annapolis

2016 BMW 4 Series Convertible 435i xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

In my honeymoon phase. Drove out of state to PA to pick up this totally loaded 2016 435i X drive. I test drove the 4 cylinder. Trading in my 335, I wasn't happy driving the 4. It was sluggish and heavy. Not with the v6. Highly recommend the M Sport package. This car was loaded ( MSport, Nav, surround cameras, entertainment, etc) with everything I would have ordered, except the price and financing couldn't be matched by waiting on a 2017. It truly is the best of both worlds. Top up zero noise. Top down, wow! :-). If you can still find a 2016, equipped the way you want, then buy it. The warranty is longer, too. BMW moved to 3 years for 2017.

BMW
By Subodh Datta

2016 BMW 4 Series Convertible 428i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2016 BMW 435ix convertible test
By Rich

Love BMWS - First Hardtop Convertible
By Glen D

2016 BMW 4 Series Convertible 428i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My fifth newly purchased BMW and this time I was looking for a convertible. I narrowed my results to the Porsche Boxster or a BMW (4 Series or up...bigger guy). I choose the BMW based on consumer and expert reviews, the hardtop opposed to soft top, and I love the four year no hassle warranty/service with these cars. I may have went for the 6 cylinder (435i) because I prefer the power (as in past BMWs) but my wife owns a newer 328i and when in sport mode, I'm satisfied. Same case here - I have all the packages except cold weather (does have heated seats) including the 'M' package. More active suspension and acceleration....handles great. Setting the level here though...this vehicle has so much technology that after reading the manual a couple of times, I still had a few questions for the dealership. I'm a technology professional by trade so that appeals to me but for the non-tech types, the technology and/or communications package may be overkill since you'll probably never use the services. My parents own an X5, are not tech savvy and barely use all the features available...just a point to consider. Overall, I'll probably drive BMWs for a very long time because I trust the product and the backend support/service. One more note - I live in Central Florida so the chance to ride topless is pretty much year round hence desiring a convertible.

Possibly the best convertible "sporty" car today!
By Lee Moss

2016 BMW 4 Series Convertible 435i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Overall, this is the best convertible I have ever owned, and I have owned 7 convertibles prior to this purchase, one of which was an outstanding 2005 BMW 330ci convertible! I traded in a 2013 Audi A6 and 2008 Porsche Boxster for this car, trying to get a combination that best reflected those 2 cars combined. The BMW is not a sports car, nor is it intended to be, but it has the feel of one! It is by far the quietest convertible I have owned, measured both by top up and down. The wind reflector really helps, but it only works with people in the front seats. The back seats are "adequate" for adults around town, but not for long trips. The heated neck ventilator is wonderful anytime it is below 68 degrees. I deeply value a strong sound system, particularly with the top down, and the Harman Kardon system does not disappoint. We have taken several 7 hour plus trips, and it is very comfortable on the long trips, top up or down. The engine and transmission are smooth and powerful, and they are more than 90% of the owners would ever want or need. I loved my 2005 BMW, but this car is much sleeker, with a larger and more comfortable interior. The trunk and fold down rear seat are outstanding with the top up, and more that adequate when down. We comfortably took a week long trip to the beach with beach chairs and top down, which you couldn't do in most hard top convertibles. I have the following criticisms: 1) A luxury convertible should have available ventilated seats, and they are NOT an option, 2) the navigation and sound system are not as intuitive or efficient as in the Audi, and 3) the climate control is not fully automatic, it requires you to manually adjust the fan's speed and vent direction. Overall, these are minor detractors, but changes BMW needs to make in this car. I have owned the car for 5 months, and I truly love driving it and am fully pleased with my purchase, and confidently recommend this car if it is what you are seeking!