I (almost) love everything about it.
By jrbskissummit on
2014 BMW 4 Series 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
As far as I could tell there were only two cars that met my desires for a coupe with AWD, Manual transmission and forced induction for Colorado altitudes. The BMW 435 ended up being my choice. The other choice was the A5/S5. The 428 would have been a competitor for the A5 if it was available with manual. Anyway I drove a S5 and compared it with the 435. I preferred the S5 looks but engine dynamics are noticeably better in the 435 (if the sport mode is active). My car has a manual, so sport mode doesn't fool with the transmission shift points as it does in the Automatic cars. As expensive as it is the 435 seems a better value than the S5. I wish it was all wonderful but it could be better.
Favorite Features
I love that I was able to get a car with a manual transmission. I am really annoyed that so few cars are being offered with a manual. Sport mode makes the car lots more fun, too bad the car won't recall the state it was in when I last drove it. The black interior with red stitching and coral accents on my "sport line" car are very sharp looking and get positive comments all the time. The back up camera and park distance control is nice and very useful since you have a harder time judging where the ends of this car are compared to many others that I have owned. Also it makes use of the dash screen that I would otherwise have no use for but is always included.
Suggested Improvements
The car should remember that it was last used in sport mode and stay that way when I start it. The information display should revert to the same display as it was when the car was shut down. The screen will show a warning about using it while driving and eventually times out and goes to something randomly different from the last time I drove the car. BMW should offer a sport suspension for the AWD cars and/or not charge just as much for the M-sport package when it doesn't include a sport suspension on an AWD car. Audi offers a sport suspension on their quattro cars, BMW makes their AWD cars ridiculously tall and doesn't offer sport tuned suspension.
By kira6
on 05/09/14 06:38 AM (PDT)

Would you recommend getting 19' wheels on 435 xi? (I am in the process of ordering the exact car as yours)