European Delivery Experience
By miami_dan on
2014 BMW 4 Series 435i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
We've just returned from our European Delivery experience and it met and exceeded our expectations. We picked up our F32 at the BMW Welt and toured the factory. In the week before turning it over to be shipped to us in the US we put over 1,800 miles on it and toured Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France. The ride was super and although I did obey the break-in guidelines, did not exceed 100mph or 4,500rpm, the car performed very well. It's a much smoother ride than my '09 335i which has the sport package. Having the ability to select between "comfort", the default, and "sport" or "sport +" was very nice. Although the numbers don't reflect it the cabin feels noticeably larger.
Favorite Features
Premium Package with "comfort access". Technology Pkg with "head-up display" was very cool and "navigation" was a real plus as they provided a USB with the European maps. The Driver Assistance Package with "rear view camera" & "park distance control" were very helpful in the tighter spaces. I look forward to exploring the BMW Apps and the rest of the technology package once I take my US delivery around the end of April 2014.
Suggested Improvements
I could not have been happier with this purchase just wish the wait for US delivery was less than 6-weeks. I highly recommend the European Delivery as BMW treats you like royalty, start to finish.
By guppysb
on 06/17/14 14:35 PM (PDT)

Hey Dan! It's almost freaky because I just dropped off my 428i in Paris on June 2nd for ED. The freaky part is, we visited those exact 4 countries.