2014 BMW 4 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4 Series model:
Excellent car for demanding drivers
By nt123 on 06/18/14 13:54 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 4 Series 428i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Got mine a month ago with the sport package. Drives really well especially in sport and sport+ modes. Cornering is excellent as is acceleration and braking. Road noise is higher that I was expecting and there is a little bit of vibration in sport model at slower speeds especially with the sunroof open. Asbsolute fun to drive for demanding driver..

I (almost) love everything about it.
By jrbskissummit on 04/13/14 17:15 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 4 Series 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

As far as I could tell there were only two cars that met my desires for a coupe with AWD, Manual transmission and forced induction for Colorado altitudes. The BMW 435 ended up being my choice. The other choice was the A5/S5. The 428 would have been a competitor for the A5 if it was available with manual. Anyway I drove a S5 and compared it with the 435. I preferred the S5 looks but engine dynamics are noticeably better in the 435 (if the sport mode is active). My car has a manual, so sport mode doesn't fool with the transmission shift points as it does in the Automatic cars. As expensive as it is the 435 seems a better value than the S5. I wish it was all wonderful but it could be better.

European Delivery Experience
By miami_dan on 03/30/14 16:19 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 4 Series 435i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We've just returned from our European Delivery experience and it met and exceeded our expectations. We picked up our F32 at the BMW Welt and toured the factory. In the week before turning it over to be shipped to us in the US we put over 1,800 miles on it and toured Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France. The ride was super and although I did obey the break-in guidelines, did not exceed 100mph or 4,500rpm, the car performed very well. It's a much smoother ride than my '09 335i which has the sport package. Having the ability to select between "comfort", the default, and "sport" or "sport +" was very nice. Although the numbers don't reflect it the cabin feels noticeably larger.

435i xDrive - They got it right!
By jeffking007 on 12/13/13 14:33 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 4 Series 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my fourth BMW coupe and my favorite by far. It is powerful, yet refined, it can be a beast or a comfortable daily cruiser depending on what mode you put it in. Gas mileage is decent for a car with 300 HP, but Sport mode will of course decrease efficiency. I decided to custom order and get almost every option, including the M Sport Package. I test drove a "Luxury Line" and almost changed my mind about ordering the car - but glad I didn't since the M Sport just felt and looked 10 times better. Don't go cheap on the options unless they don't matter to you. I like the fact this coupe is larger than than before, it is actually a tiny bit longer and wider than the 3 series sedan.

Very balanced car
By rak76 on 11/26/13 20:26 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 4 Series 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Ordered a 435xi luxury edition in sparkling brown with cold weather, driver assistance, premium and tech packages. The sparkling brown paint is lovely and depending on the lighting, it can appear black or purple too. The acceleration is quick and the car is fun to drive in sport/sport+ mode. I find the eco mode to be a little slugglish, especially after starting from a full stop. The engine auto shut-off is a nice feature and you can how much fuel you are saving by driving it in eco mode. The rear seats also have decent room for a mid sized adults. Overall, it's definitely an improvement over the 335 since it has a wider stance and it feels more sure-footed especially in fast corners.

Amazing car
By matthew417 on 10/28/13 22:51 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 4 Series 428i 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just traded in my 2011 328i coupe for the new 2014 428i. I am very pleased with it so far. Right away, I have noticed that this car uses a lot less gas than my previous car with the new engine and transmission. You'd never know it's a 4 cylinder with how fast and smooth it is. This car also seems smoother and quieter than the previous one. The iDrive and modes makes it feel more up to date on the interior. I have gotten lots of looks and thumbs up driving this car around town. The mineral gray paint color is amazing.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 BMW 4 Series in VA is:

$172 per month*