2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Very Happy with thhe 328iX

2014 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i xDrive Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Very Happy with thhe 328iX
By le04awd on

2014 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have now owned my 2014 30 months and it has about 18000 miles on it.

This is my first BMW and I must say I love this car.

The car has an excellent combination of a comfortable ride and good handling. The handling is not as sharp as the older style BMW 3 series, but its good for driving around town and maybe taking a corner or two at higher speeds. The snow traction with the AWD is awesome.

The Navigation system is the best I have ever seen. Everything makes perfect sense and it works extremely well. I love the fact that I can write letters with my fingers on the touch pad and it recognized them. The navigation interface is the best of any cars I have owned by far.

The Bluetooth menu takes a little getting used to but once you get used to it, it is easy to use. It locks to my Android phone very quickly and phone conversations are clear via Bluetooth.

Put the car in Eco mode and it is a pussycat just minding its own business and getting you from point A to point B in style. Switch it to Sport mode and the car turns into a little monster pinning you back into your seat as you step on the accelerator.

I have the premium package with Navigation and the winter package. My kids love the heated rear seats in NE winter.

The interior of this car is in need of an update to keep up with the new Audi and Mercedes interior. But it is perfectly functional and looks good.

I wish that the climate control would rememver the last fan settings and would not always start in the same mode. I have to change the fan setting every time I turn the engine on.

The mileage for around town driving is in the low 20s, but highway is above 30 in Eco mode and if you keep your speeds around 60 MPH. It is hard to drive 60 MPH on the highway with this car though as it is so smooth and quiet even at 90 MPH.

I have not had a single mechanical or electrical problem with the car that required repairs. It is under bumper to bumper warranty for 4 years of 40K miles. It also includes free maintenance in that duration. The Audi only provides free maintenance for 1 yr or 10K miles.

I have owned Hondas and Toyotas prior to this BMW. All in all, this is by far the best car I have ever owned and I would highly recommend it to others. I am a life time customer of BMW now.

• Outward visibility
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Navigation

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review