2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Very comfortable car, but not a sports sedan
By dandedor on 02/15/15 07:26 AM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan 320i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Prior to my 2014 320i xDrive, I drove a Mini Countryman, a mini cooper, and a 2011 hyundai sonata. Pros: This BMW is easily one of the best looking cars on the road. It is very quiet inside around town, with a comfortable ride. The transmission is excellent. Shifts are smooth and unintrusive. Turbo lag is absent. The controls are intuitive. Cons: Steering is more similar to the Hyundai than MINI. It is VERY numb on center, though it firms up as you turn. Brakes offer no feeling - like stepping on a cloud instead. Highway wind noise is intrusive. iDrive doesn't sync too well with my iPhone 6+ - it says "transferring data" instead of showing my contacts.

Great car (with one irritating flaw)
By bigbaddave on 12/26/14 14:43 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive SULEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have been driving this car for a month and just love it. My previous car was a Buick Enclave which although great in many ways just drank too much gas and did rather lumber around. The 328 is a much more complex vehicle and I am still discovering new features. I love the way I can put it into eco-pro mode on the freeways and notch up 35 mpg and better on long drives and then - when I want to leave other drivers well behind - I can slip it into sport mode and boom! I am gone. The one drawback is a lousily small amount of storage space for the driver. The compartment underneath the central arm rest is minute.

First BMW
By jclaeys on 07/24/14 20:16 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had to have it! Have had 3 German built cars so far and this by far knocks it out of the park, in all areas including price...it was nearly 50K MSRP. Mine is in gorgeous Mineral White with drop dead beautiful Saddle and Black interior. This car is a rocket. Leave it to BMW to build a twin turbo 4 CYL. that can do 0-60 in 5.5 secs. Just got back from trip to Carmel (some 170 miles from here) and averaged in combined driving situations an astounding 33.6MPG! Love what BMW has accomplished. Glitz, (in the Luxury Line) with plenty of "masculinity" thrown in. I havn't had a car in years that I so look forward to driving. The new 8 SPD. transmission is phenomenol. It is butter smooth.

Very Happy with thhe 328iX
By le04awd on 06/08/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have now owned my 2014 328iX for six months and have driven it about 5000 miles. This is my first BMW and I have to say I love this car. The car has an excellent combination of a comfortable ride and exciting handling. Put the car in Eco mode and it is a pussycat just minding its own business and getting you from point A to point B in style. Switch it to Sport mode and the car turns into a little monster pinning you back into your seat as you step on the accelerator. The electronics take a little getting used to but once you figure out all the menus it is OK. I have the premium package with Navigation and the winter package. My kids love the heated rear seats in NE winter.

A little bit of luxury!
By steve_wojcicki on 03/07/14 12:14 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan 320i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first luxury car and what a great feeling. No squeaks, bumps or noises, just silence. AWD is the way to go, especially in New England. On the I purchased the car and took it home, there was a big snow storm happening. The car drove great and when right thru 10" of new snow right into the garage without trying hard! Great!

Best in Class!
By waltr6 on 11/21/13 06:10 AM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Recently, we leased a new 2014 328 I sedan, from Braman. The engine is smooth and no lag or jerkiness when the turbo kicks in. The 8 gears makes it so. The three driving modes, Eco Pro, Comfort, and Sport will appeal to all variety of driving tastes. The interior is spacious and the seats are very comfortable, which was not the case in the past. The control monitor is easy to use and read. It has multiple functions, which make it a pleasure to us. Having driven an IS 250 previously, this is a huge improvement. Take a test drive, you will love this vehicle.