2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel Consumer Reviews

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Wow!! The MPG is no joke!!
By robankn on 07/14/14 21:39 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My wife and I purchased a 2014 328d sedan about 2 months ago and we could not be happier. She had a 2009 G8 GT and were used to driving a high performance car BUT it got horrible fuel mileage (avg 17.3 mpg). When I found the 328d and the 32-45mpg estimates I was very skeptical of the accuracy of that fuel rating but let me tell you right now for a fact, this car gets every bit of 45mpg on the highway and I drive it with a heavy foot. We took a 500 mile trip and I drove at 85-90 mph almost the whole way and I was blown away when I saw 42.2 MPG driving in comfort mode and I was not trying to conserve in any way. We have not found anything that we do not like about this car so far.

328d is great BUT!!!
By vet4 on 07/02/14 05:42 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I agree with most of the positive comments regarding owners inner feelings about owning a BMW. However, with sticker prices out of sight the real reviews should be on the cost to own an operate these cars. An oil change can run from $200 to more than $250 depending on what dealer you call. Run flats cost an arm and a leg- but BMW does not have to provide jack , spare not even a mobile repair kit. Everything and I do mean everything from brake pads to air filters cost 2x more than my 2014 full size hybrid. I got caught up in all the reviews both by pros and owners. Most do not talk about cost of maintain the car or it's overall reliability.

Fun Vehicle with Outstanding MPG
By ken117 on 04/14/14 06:06 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Picked up a 2014 328d a month ago. Was in dealership looking at a few models and spotted the 328d. Took it for a test drive. Leased one. Some folks comment negatively on the premium for the 328d over a gas model. However, on a lease you only pay for about 40 percent of the difference which is likely more than offset by the increased MPG. My first tank averaged about 42mpg, mixed city and country driving. Second tank improved to 46 mpg also with mixed driving. I attribute the difference to driving in the Eco Pro mode with a bit more attention to the mpg. Vehicle seems very well put together and is a blast to drive.

So far, so very, very good
By e_d_munds on 01/19/14 19:50 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I shopped for 3 years and test drove several cars before deciding on the BMW 328d. I've had the car for a month and I am so impressed with every aspect of it. I have a typical long commute in San Diego - early morning to beat the rush, and a slog in the afternoon. So far close to 39 mpg and >500 miles/tank. Highway mileage is well above the 45 estimated. Car is so sweet and fun to drive. Got the Nav, which comes with a host of other stuff and I say worth the extra $$. For me, this was a momentous upgrade from a reliable 2003 Accord V6 with 145K miles. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a high mpg, mid-level luxury car. In addition, BMW of Escondido treated me very, very well!