2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun Vehicle with Outstanding MPG
By ken117 on 04/14/14 06:06 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Picked up a 2014 328d a month ago. Was in dealership looking at a few models and spotted the 328d. Took it for a test drive. Leased one. Some folks comment negatively on the premium for the 328d over a gas model. However, on a lease you only pay for about 40 percent of the difference which is likely more than offset by the increased MPG. My first tank averaged about 42mpg, mixed city and country driving. Second tank improved to 46 mpg also with mixed driving. I attribute the difference to driving in the Eco Pro mode with a bit more attention to the mpg. Vehicle seems very well put together and is a blast to drive.

So far, so very, very good
By e_d_munds on 01/19/14 19:50 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I shopped for 3 years and test drove several cars before deciding on the BMW 328d. I've had the car for a month and I am so impressed with every aspect of it. I have a typical long commute in San Diego - early morning to beat the rush, and a slog in the afternoon. So far close to 39 mpg and >500 miles/tank. Highway mileage is well above the 45 estimated. Car is so sweet and fun to drive. Got the Nav, which comes with a host of other stuff and I say worth the extra $$. For me, this was a momentous upgrade from a reliable 2003 Accord V6 with 145K miles. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a high mpg, mid-level luxury car. In addition, BMW of Escondido treated me very, very well!

Finally a diesel that matches a gas engine
By flo78 on 01/02/14 21:20 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel 328d xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Got this 3 serie wagon in the fall and have driven about 1,800 miles. The car performs flawlessly. It's fun to drive, taunt and the interior execution is fantastic. At the end of the week I can't help but smile when I realise I get a combined 35 mpg on a week of driving. This little machine will outperform 90% of V6 engines out there (although 0-60 is still a bit slow for my taste).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.