2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

2014 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BEWARE: Engine Malfunctions Rampant
By tornado542 on 03/03/15 17:15 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just purchased a 2014 328i with the 4 cyl turbo. After 5000 miles, engine malfunction comes up on the display. After some research, looks like this is a common issue with these newer f30 3series. Usually a transmission failure or VANOS failure. [HTML removed]

Very comfortable car, but not a sports sedan
By dandedor on 02/15/15 07:26 AM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series 320i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Prior to my 2014 320i xDrive, I drove a Mini Countryman, a mini cooper, and a 2011 hyundai sonata. Pros: This BMW is easily one of the best looking cars on the road. It is very quiet inside around town, with a comfortable ride. The transmission is excellent. Shifts are smooth and unintrusive. Turbo lag is absent. The controls are intuitive. Cons: Steering is more similar to the Hyundai than MINI. It is VERY numb on center, though it firms up as you turn. Brakes offer no feeling - like stepping on a cloud instead. Highway wind noise is intrusive. iDrive doesn't sync too well with my iPhone 6+ - it says "transferring data" instead of showing my contacts.

Great car (with one irritating flaw)
By bigbaddave on 12/26/14 14:43 PM (PST)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive SULEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have been driving this car for a month and just love it. My previous car was a Buick Enclave which although great in many ways just drank too much gas and did rather lumber around. The 328 is a much more complex vehicle and I am still discovering new features. I love the way I can put it into eco-pro mode on the freeways and notch up 35 mpg and better on long drives and then - when I want to leave other drivers well behind - I can slip it into sport mode and boom! I am gone. The one drawback is a lousily small amount of storage space for the driver. The compartment underneath the central arm rest is minute.

2014 BMW 328d
By viperf18 on 10/05/14 10:48 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Leased this vehicle with fuel savings in mind. I must say it has done very well with mid 40's mpg. The power is awesome and the vehicle is very solid. The maintenance warranty package was a huge selling point as well. 4 yr 50k maintenance package was tough to beat. Should be virtually cost free for oil and filter changes. One negative for me is the nav screen is not a touch screen. The wheel gets annoying and it is not very user friendly and the iPhone 5 has a hard time hooking up with the system. Other than that it is an awesome car.

Wonderful purchase and daily driver
By petpipe on 09/18/14 13:36 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

6 months, 6000 miles....Love it, bottom line! I am dealing with more city driving, getting 32-33 mpg. I do miss driving a manual trans. but the paddle shifters and sport mode make up for it. Space is amazing for hauling people under 6 ft.

three months and counting
By vet4 on 09/03/14 08:18 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Have owned it for 3 mos. includes premium package. Handles very well but would suggest getting an extended warranty if you plan to keep it beyond 4 yrs. Jeff S. at Passport BMW in MD gave me best price for Gold package by far.

First BMW
By jclaeys on 07/24/14 20:16 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had to have it! Have had 3 German built cars so far and this by far knocks it out of the park, in all areas including price...it was nearly 50K MSRP. Mine is in gorgeous Mineral White with drop dead beautiful Saddle and Black interior. This car is a rocket. Leave it to BMW to build a twin turbo 4 CYL. that can do 0-60 in 5.5 secs. Just got back from trip to Carmel (some 170 miles from here) and averaged in combined driving situations an astounding 33.6MPG! Love what BMW has accomplished. Glitz, (in the Luxury Line) with plenty of "masculinity" thrown in. I havn't had a car in years that I so look forward to driving. The new 8 SPD. transmission is phenomenol. It is butter smooth.

Wow!! The MPG is no joke!!
By robankn on 07/14/14 21:39 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My wife and I purchased a 2014 328d sedan about 2 months ago and we could not be happier. She had a 2009 G8 GT and were used to driving a high performance car BUT it got horrible fuel mileage (avg 17.3 mpg). When I found the 328d and the 32-45mpg estimates I was very skeptical of the accuracy of that fuel rating but let me tell you right now for a fact, this car gets every bit of 45mpg on the highway and I drive it with a heavy foot. We took a 500 mile trip and I drove at 85-90 mph almost the whole way and I was blown away when I saw 42.2 MPG driving in comfort mode and I was not trying to conserve in any way. We have not found anything that we do not like about this car so far.

328d is great BUT!!!
By vet4 on 07/02/14 05:42 AM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328d 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I agree with most of the positive comments regarding owners inner feelings about owning a BMW. However, with sticker prices out of sight the real reviews should be on the cost to own an operate these cars. An oil change can run from $200 to more than $250 depending on what dealer you call. Run flats cost an arm and a leg- but BMW does not have to provide jack , spare not even a mobile repair kit. Everything and I do mean everything from brake pads to air filters cost 2x more than my 2014 full size hybrid. I got caught up in all the reviews both by pros and owners. Most do not talk about cost of maintain the car or it's overall reliability.

Very Happy with thhe 328iX
By le04awd on 06/08/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2014 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have now owned my 2014 328iX for six months and have driven it about 5000 miles. This is my first BMW and I have to say I love this car. The car has an excellent combination of a comfortable ride and exciting handling. Put the car in Eco mode and it is a pussycat just minding its own business and getting you from point A to point B in style. Switch it to Sport mode and the car turns into a little monster pinning you back into your seat as you step on the accelerator. The electronics take a little getting used to but once you figure out all the menus it is OK. I have the premium package with Navigation and the winter package. My kids love the heated rear seats in NE winter.