Great Car
By doc1975 on
2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I was a previous 3 series owner, 2009 328xi. The straight 6 cylinder does sound different, the 2.0 liter turbo does fine. The 2009 felt more solid to me and I actually liked the hydraulic steering. My wife tells me she hated my old car and loves my new car. Go figure. If you are a new BMW owner I think you will like the car, the power and technology. The car has an auto start/stop feature which I had the dealer remove, I wasn't a fan. There are three driving modes, Eco, Normal and Sport. You will take off like a rocket ship in Sport Mode, I think it might be too much throttle for the weight of the car. Eco is actually not too bad and you save some milage which is always good.
Favorite Features
I really like the BMW idrive, I think the Nav works really well. I like the BMW assist and the ability to send addresses to the car from google maps is amazing. Heated seats and steeering wheel are some of the best in the business. The drive and engine sound are pretty good. The car overall just looks really good, the exterior of the car is great and I love looking at it. Rear view camera and monitor are great also. I think having service and maintenance for 4 years is amazing also. That's one of the reasons I went back to the brand.
Suggested Improvements
The one thing I have to say is that my 2013 doesn't feel as solid as my 2009 car. Maybe it's lighter, maybe its' the electric steering. It's hard to describe. Overall you will be happy with the purchase. I'm not a fan of the Navigation location, I think it was better when it was covered. I hate how they changed the volume button to the right of the steering wheel from the left. The electric steering does eat up battery life, so be careful about plugging phone chargers, running heated seats and running too much stuff in general. I got a low voltage warning in my car that corrected when you just drove the car, hopefully this will corrected in 2014.