I like my older 3 more now
By dubbu2 on
2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I first fell for BMW in 2008. I purchased a 328xi. I was impressed with the sporty and solid road feel, refined-smooth-sounding power, and overall impressive build quality and materials throughout the cabin. I acquired another one in 2011, but noticed a very slight decline in materials...sun visor were plastic-like instead of cloth, and the nifty, cost-saving "Rest" feature was removed. After driving a 2014 for one month, I'm so glad I didn't trade my 2011. Car sounds loud and odd, feels cheap, and the size of the vanity mirror is smaller. Stereo system quality has declined (lack of depth), and steering feel reminiscent of my grandfather's Buick. BMW has skimped on quality with this one.
Favorite Features
-Heads-up display -Improved I-drive display and controls -Smoother over rough pavement, but may compromise sport feel -Improved exterior appearance
Suggested Improvements
Bring back the drive of the 2011 model...it is sadly lost in this new makeup. Bring back the V6, fewer gears, and tighter steering. The new setup has me looking at other brands unfortunately. If I wanted fuel-economy...I'd buy a Prius. If I'm buying a premium vehicle, I'm not too concerned about fuel-economy. In the meantime, I am riding out my 2011 until BMW or some other automaker makes a car I can love again.