Great Entry Level BMW
By yos21 on
2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
BMW definitely delivered when they redesigned the 3 series. I dig the added length and wheel base. I have the M-sport edition w/prem and cold wx pkgs to include nav, rear cam, HUD and the Harmon Kardon sound. I love the Estoril Blue color and stylish M-Sport Wheels. The sound system is awesome! Storing music is a snap. All the features are easy to use and the idrive system makes integrating all of the features a snap! Only problem so far is a steering issue that whenever I turn the wheel to the extreme right-hand position. There is a clicking noise. I'm not worried since the warranty will cover this and the mechanics will fix it, but it's a bit displeasing to say the least!
Favorite Features
HUD, idrive, Harmon Kardon sound, Eco Mode, LCD interface screen, overall performance, handling and styling. The steering wheel controls are easy to use and the integrated HUD keeps your eyes on the important stuff as you navigate through all of the features in this uber-engineered machine!
Suggested Improvements
Remove the rear, center seat and headrest. The headrest can get in the way of your rear-view when it is raised to the up position. I think that the center seatbelt and accommodation for a 5th passenger is a small attempt to allow the brand to compete with similar 5 person vehicles. In my opinion, it would do better to just get rid of the seat set-up all together. Next, many people complain about the cup holders...while not ideal, they should move them more to the rear to make grabbing your drink more accessible.
By yos21
on 06/30/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

Update. Steering issue remedied in 5 minutes by dealer maintenance. This car gets better and better. Living in Germany, I get to experience the car at unheard of speeds as compared to the states. At 130 mph, she sings; the stability is remarkable...makes me wish I bought mixed tires so she'd go up to 155mph limit. Oh well! To those with the 328i, if you don't like the way she sounds, then you should have bought the bigger, badder sibling. To those who complain about the steering, you're getting caught up in that "professional" review nonsense and I doubt that many of us everyday drivers will ever be able to tell. Besides, I'd rather get the eco-benefit of electrically-controlled steering versus engine-driven hydraulic powered steering. It's the 21st century, it's about time drive-by-wire was made available. Happy driving! There's nothing like a Bimmer!!