2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
I like my older 3 more now
By dubbu2 on 05/16/14 08:34 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I first fell for BMW in 2008. I purchased a 328xi. I was impressed with the sporty and solid road feel, refined-smooth-sounding power, and overall impressive build quality and materials throughout the cabin. I acquired another one in 2011, but noticed a very slight decline in materials...sun visor were plastic-like instead of cloth, and the nifty, cost-saving "Rest" feature was removed. After driving a 2014 for one month, I'm so glad I didn't trade my 2011. Car sounds loud and odd, feels cheap, and the size of the vanity mirror is smaller. Stereo system quality has declined (lack of depth), and steering feel reminiscent of my grandfather's Buick. BMW has skimped on quality with this one.

Great in Minnesota Winters
By j_walz1 on 04/25/14 08:20 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am really enjoying the car. I only have 7,000 miles on it so far of mostly extreme cold weather driving and it has been great. Not one single issue or visit to the dealer so far. The AWD system is better in snowy conditions than any vehicle I have owned, and that includes a modern Subaru system, a Grand Cherokee, and two Toyotas, (one AWD the other 4WD). It is very confidence inspiring in snow and ice, the electronic nannies do a great job. Gas mileage has been surprising for how well the car performs. In winter at temps of 10 below, still managed 24mpg in an AWD car. When the temps get about 40 mileage hits low thirties for me but I drive like a sane person. Excellent car.

Great Car
By doc1975 on 01/31/14 08:38 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was a previous 3 series owner, 2009 328xi. The straight 6 cylinder does sound different, the 2.0 liter turbo does fine. The 2009 felt more solid to me and I actually liked the hydraulic steering. My wife tells me she hated my old car and loves my new car. Go figure. If you are a new BMW owner I think you will like the car, the power and technology. The car has an auto start/stop feature which I had the dealer remove, I wasn't a fan. There are three driving modes, Eco, Normal and Sport. You will take off like a rocket ship in Sport Mode, I think it might be too much throttle for the weight of the car. Eco is actually not too bad and you save some milage which is always good.

Do not fear the 4 Cylinder!
By michaelfb68 on 09/25/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2003 325i for 9 years before the repairs became too costly. I loved the drive, but jumped to an Infiniti G37x seeking more room, interior refinement, and reliability. The G just didn't do it for me from a performance perspective though, so back I came. I surprised to see BMW went to a 4T, but once you drive it you won't know it. Quiet, smooth, and fast, plus it gave me a 9 MPG bump over my G and old 325. You get to 70 mph and think you're doing 45. The cabin is quiet, the engine is quiet, and its all BMW. The steering is softer (not soft, though), but gets tighter with speed. Even at lower speeds though, it is responsive.

The new Corolla in the form of a BMW 3 series
By longrides on 06/08/13 15:21 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Here's to the new $40K BMW Corolla, or should they just be embarrassed to even put the BMW symbol, which is (really, was) the symbol of "fun to drive"?! The pick-up in this car is jet-like, but that's where it ends. It handles like a Corolla. The interior is cheap and outdated, like a Corolla. This car handles like, you guessed it, a Corolla. It even has the same engine note as the Toyota Corolla. Everything about this car says "Toyota"! Except of course for the gorgeous exterior. The ridiculous introduction of electronic-assisted steering will prove to be the beginning of the end for BMW. I don't wonder anymore why Audi is advertising "more drivers than ever are switching over from BMW"!

My 1st BMW
By weno2 on 10/16/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've bought Acuras since 1986, and I decided not to buy a BMW in 1992. I decided to buy the 328ixDrive instead of a 528ixDrive, Acura TL, Audi A6, and 2013 Lexus ES350. I've had my 328iXDrive since September, and I've put approximately 2K. I love driving this car. It's fun to drive and runs great. Car has Luxury Line, with Cold, Technology, Premium, and Driver Assistance Packages.

A Great Value for What you Get= Awesome ride with an all around set of features
By buckeyede06 on 09/02/12 07:36 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Calling a BMW “just a car” is like calling Da Vinci “just a guy”. This thing is fun to drive, has the practicality of all wheel, and man its gas mileage is sweet! My favorite part is the Dynamic Dampening COntrol. It is like having three cars in one. Pop it into Sport and hug some turns or blaze onto the freeway. In eco it is a tame gas savings machines. There are enough bells and whistles to keep everyone happy too. When you look at all the features and all the things you get, it really is a good value. It just happens to be an expensive car. My piece of advice is to go with the msport package, it looks sick!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan in VA is:

$158 per month*