Used 2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2013 BMW 328i xdrive
By andy6027

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for 1 1/2 years now, have about 22,000 miles on it. Bought it because I have to commute about 50 miles to work each day, highway driving, and I wanted something that would feel safe (especially for winter driving), comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Very happy with this car. Favourite feature is the engine -- accelerates so nicely, for passing trucks and making lane changes. Built in bolts attachments for a roof rack were a nice surprise, makes it easy to transport my bikes. Bluetooth works really nicely for talking on phone hands-free. No real negatives. Engine seemed loud at first, but I don't notice it anymore. Get the heated steering wheel for cold winters!

2013 328i
By fido4

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd 3 series. As a few have commented, the interior of this car seems to be a step backward from prior models. Other than that...it is a delight to drive. I have 39,000 miles on my 2013. It is a thrill to drive...although different from my 2001 and 2007. Gas mileage is very good....27 in town....36 on highway...with plenty of power. Bottom line....I'm very pleased with this car. Someone earlier compared it to a Corolla. Pure Hyperbole!!

Suggested Improvements

Better materials in the interior.

Jack of all trades- master of none!
By r_s3

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car requires a lot of optional extras to be worthy of a BMW badge. I have the 335i with msport package, adaptive m suspension, and the variable sports steering as well as most of the tech options. If you're a driving enthusiast, PLEASE make sure your car has these options or you will be disappointed and feel ripped off. If you're just a law-abiding, eco pro using commuter, then by all means get a base 3 series with the tech package and you'll be content. I feel like this car can handle DECENTLY, provide DECENT comfort, and has DECENT build quality. It's not a master of anything; I see it as a "jack of all trades". Good daily driver though.

Favorite Features

The 360 degree surround view system makes me look like a parallel parking boss. I also love BMW's triple-signal mode for lane changing. Really convenient! The "Estoril Blue" paint is also a really "look at me" sort of color. If you want to be a little unique and stand out from the sea of silver, black, and white BMWs, then go for it. I have that color and I love it.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality is quite an issue. The center gauges (speedo, tach, gas meter) occasionally gets an annoying rattle over bumps. The interior feels as if it's loose in some spots. There's an excessive use of plastic, but then again, this isn't an S-class Mercedes. The run-flat tires are also a no-no. They wear out in 20,000 miles. I'm not joking. They also apparently give the car a harsh ride, but to be honest, I didn't notice it because run-flats are all I'm used to. I've hit "limp mode" too. Look it up. It's pretty annoying. If you get this in the base model, it looks like crap and that's being polite about it. You really need to put money in this car to make it look good in my opinion

I like my older 3 more now
By dubbu2

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I first fell for BMW in 2008. I purchased a 328xi. I was impressed with the sporty and solid road feel, refined-smooth-sounding power, and overall impressive build quality and materials throughout the cabin. I acquired another one in 2011, but noticed a very slight decline in materials...sun visor were plastic-like instead of cloth, and the nifty, cost-saving "Rest" feature was removed. After driving a 2014 for one month, I'm so glad I didn't trade my 2011. Car sounds loud and odd, feels cheap, and the size of the vanity mirror is smaller. Stereo system quality has declined (lack of depth), and steering feel reminiscent of my grandfather's Buick. BMW has skimped on quality with this one.

Favorite Features

-Heads-up display -Improved I-drive display and controls -Smoother over rough pavement, but may compromise sport feel -Improved exterior appearance

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the drive of the 2011 model...it is sadly lost in this new makeup. Bring back the V6, fewer gears, and tighter steering. The new setup has me looking at other brands unfortunately. If I wanted fuel-economy...I'd buy a Prius. If I'm buying a premium vehicle, I'm not too concerned about fuel-economy. In the meantime, I am riding out my 2011 until BMW or some other automaker makes a car I can love again.

Great in Minnesota Winters
By j_walz1

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am really enjoying the car. I only have 7,000 miles on it so far of mostly extreme cold weather driving and it has been great. Not one single issue or visit to the dealer so far. The AWD system is better in snowy conditions than any vehicle I have owned, and that includes a modern Subaru system, a Grand Cherokee, and two Toyotas, (one AWD the other 4WD). It is very confidence inspiring in snow and ice, the electronic nannies do a great job. Gas mileage has been surprising for how well the car performs. In winter at temps of 10 below, still managed 24mpg in an AWD car. When the temps get about 40 mileage hits low thirties for me but I drive like a sane person. Excellent car.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, heads up display, decent performance, wonderful AWD, and very good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Allow Sport mode to access gears 7&8 when cruising.