2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great Car
By doc1975 on 01/31/14 08:38 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was a previous 3 series owner, 2009 328xi. The straight 6 cylinder does sound different, the 2.0 liter turbo does fine. The 2009 felt more solid to me and I actually liked the hydraulic steering. My wife tells me she hated my old car and loves my new car. Go figure. If you are a new BMW owner I think you will like the car, the power and technology. The car has an auto start/stop feature which I had the dealer remove, I wasn't a fan. There are three driving modes, Eco, Normal and Sport. You will take off like a rocket ship in Sport Mode, I think it might be too much throttle for the weight of the car. Eco is actually not too bad and you save some milage which is always good.

Do not fear the 4 Cylinder!
By michaelfb68 on 09/25/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2003 325i for 9 years before the repairs became too costly. I loved the drive, but jumped to an Infiniti G37x seeking more room, interior refinement, and reliability. The G just didn't do it for me from a performance perspective though, so back I came. I surprised to see BMW went to a 4T, but once you drive it you won't know it. Quiet, smooth, and fast, plus it gave me a 9 MPG bump over my G and old 325. You get to 70 mph and think you're doing 45. The cabin is quiet, the engine is quiet, and its all BMW. The steering is softer (not soft, though), but gets tighter with speed. Even at lower speeds though, it is responsive.

surprisingly good for what is essentially an entry-level, detuned 328i
By ouface on 09/01/13 00:08 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

it came down to the audi A4 quattro and this car. i almost got the audi, save for reliability issues that i had heard about. at first, i wasn't that warm to the idea of the 320i, being that it was a detuned, stripped-down 328i. but after a test drive, i was reasonably impressed and decided to go that route. handling is nimble, car is quick enough, and it handles like a BMW, though softer than my old manual-transmission E46 325ci. mine is a base model with basically only the moonroof and the power front seats with memory as the only options. stripped-down and basic, but that's all i needed for a commute that was four miles to/from work each way with no freeways.

The new Corolla in the form of a BMW 3 series
By longrides on 06/08/13 15:21 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Here's to the new $40K BMW Corolla, or should they just be embarrassed to even put the BMW symbol, which is (really, was) the symbol of "fun to drive"?! The pick-up in this car is jet-like, but that's where it ends. It handles like a Corolla. The interior is cheap and outdated, like a Corolla. This car handles like, you guessed it, a Corolla. It even has the same engine note as the Toyota Corolla. Everything about this car says "Toyota"! Except of course for the gorgeous exterior. The ridiculous introduction of electronic-assisted steering will prove to be the beginning of the end for BMW. I don't wonder anymore why Audi is advertising "more drivers than ever are switching over from BMW"!

3rd and last 3 series
By ristiferka79 on 05/17/13 21:48 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning for several months I think it is time to leave a review. Previously owning a 00 330i and 06 330i I was excited to be getting my first 335i. This car has been a disaster. It left me stranded on the side of the road at 900 miles after overheating, the entire fan system had to be replaced, the passenger side mirror is already broke and does not move, there is a constant vibration and rattle in the steering column, there is dull spots in the paint where it looks like it wasn't clear coated properly. I have already had this car in for repair's twice and without it for two weeks. Compared to my 00 and 06 this one does not even come close to the build quality. At least it looks nice.

Great Entry Level BMW
By yos21 on 12/26/12 16:56 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

BMW definitely delivered when they redesigned the 3 series. I dig the added length and wheel base. I have the M-sport edition w/prem and cold wx pkgs to include nav, rear cam, HUD and the Harmon Kardon sound. I love the Estoril Blue color and stylish M-Sport Wheels. The sound system is awesome! Storing music is a snap. All the features are easy to use and the idrive system makes integrating all of the features a snap! Only problem so far is a steering issue that whenever I turn the wheel to the extreme right-hand position. There is a clicking noise. I'm not worried since the warranty will cover this and the mechanics will fix it, but it's a bit displeasing to say the least!

Sold me on BMW
By ae4ax on 11/11/12 21:41 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I once thought that BMWs were the ugliest cars on the road. Then, their recent styling and interior updates, in addition to actually test driving one, got me hooked. Coming from a Taurus I wasn't sure what to expect; but the feeling I get in one word is "solid". Solid power, handling, materials, tech, comfort: much more of a driver's car than any I have driven. I drove 100 miles today through snaking rural roads in N. Alabama and S. Tennessee, and I was convinced I made the right choice. The Taurus was cavernous without a center console, and the 328i not so much with the driveshaft in the way, but plenty of room for a 6'2" 300 lb guy who likes space. I can't wait to go to Greenville...

The Good, The Bad, and The Unexplainable
By xdeeds on 11/08/12 17:21 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My last two sedans were Honda Accords (2003, 2010). At age 58, I wanted a "luxury" car while I was still young enough to enjoy it. Considered Merc C class and Audi A4 but BMW3 test drive clinched it. Felt just right. Been two months and over 3500 miles. Great fun to drive except for the auto stop feature and some very annoying "unexplainables." This is my first BMW so I probably don't have the right BMW perspective to understand them. But now, when I come across something that doesn't make sense to me, I figure a BMW engineer must have designed it. Despite great drive, not sure I'd buy one again. I hate the surprise engine shut downs when I sometimes forget to turn auto stop off.

True sports sedan
By cg62 on 10/22/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have my car for a week today. I custom ordered my car in August. I ordered a loaded Mineral Gray sports model with red leather interior and black trim. This car has exceeded my expectations. The car is striking inside and out. This car handles and rides better than any car I have ever owned(G35, M35,CLK350 etc...). In comfort mode it is a small luxury car in Sports or Sports + mode it's a sports car. The Harmon Kardon sound system is fantastic. The xenon lights are a must. The transmission with shift paddles is fantastic. I-drive has been perfected. Heads up display is the icing. Averaging 28 MPG in mixed driving and on the highway at 70MPH I am getting 35MPG.

My 1st BMW
By weno2 on 10/16/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've bought Acuras since 1986, and I decided not to buy a BMW in 1992. I decided to buy the 328ixDrive instead of a 528ixDrive, Acura TL, Audi A6, and 2013 Lexus ES350. I've had my 328iXDrive since September, and I've put approximately 2K. I love driving this car. It's fun to drive and runs great. Car has Luxury Line, with Cold, Technology, Premium, and Driver Assistance Packages.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW 3 Series Sedan in WA is:

$212 per month*