2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

2013 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2013 BMW 328i xdrive
By andy6027 on 02/15/15 19:33 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had this car for 1 1/2 years now, have about 22,000 miles on it. Bought it because I have to commute about 50 miles to work each day, highway driving, and I wanted something that would feel safe (especially for winter driving), comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Very happy with this car. Favourite feature is the engine -- accelerates so nicely, for passing trucks and making lane changes. Built in bolts attachments for a roof rack were a nice surprise, makes it easy to transport my bikes. Bluetooth works really nicely for talking on phone hands-free. No real negatives. Engine seemed loud at first, but I don't notice it anymore. Get the heated steering wheel for cold winters!

2013 328i
By fido4 on 01/31/15 19:58 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd 3 series. As a few have commented, the interior of this car seems to be a step backward from prior models. Other than that...it is a delight to drive. I have 39,000 miles on my 2013. It is a thrill to drive...although different from my 2001 and 2007. Gas mileage is very good....27 in town....36 on highway...with plenty of power. Bottom line....I'm very pleased with this car. Someone earlier compared it to a Corolla. Pure Hyperbole!!

Jack of all trades- master of none!
By r_s3 on 12/19/14 20:09 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car requires a lot of optional extras to be worthy of a BMW badge. I have the 335i with msport package, adaptive m suspension, and the variable sports steering as well as most of the tech options. If you're a driving enthusiast, PLEASE make sure your car has these options or you will be disappointed and feel ripped off. If you're just a law-abiding, eco pro using commuter, then by all means get a base 3 series with the tech package and you'll be content. I feel like this car can handle DECENTLY, provide DECENT comfort, and has DECENT build quality. It's not a master of anything; I see it as a "jack of all trades". Good daily driver though.

I like my older 3 more now
By dubbu2 on 05/16/14 08:34 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I first fell for BMW in 2008. I purchased a 328xi. I was impressed with the sporty and solid road feel, refined-smooth-sounding power, and overall impressive build quality and materials throughout the cabin. I acquired another one in 2011, but noticed a very slight decline in materials...sun visor were plastic-like instead of cloth, and the nifty, cost-saving "Rest" feature was removed. After driving a 2014 for one month, I'm so glad I didn't trade my 2011. Car sounds loud and odd, feels cheap, and the size of the vanity mirror is smaller. Stereo system quality has declined (lack of depth), and steering feel reminiscent of my grandfather's Buick. BMW has skimped on quality with this one.

Great in Minnesota Winters
By j_walz1 on 04/25/14 08:20 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am really enjoying the car. I only have 7,000 miles on it so far of mostly extreme cold weather driving and it has been great. Not one single issue or visit to the dealer so far. The AWD system is better in snowy conditions than any vehicle I have owned, and that includes a modern Subaru system, a Grand Cherokee, and two Toyotas, (one AWD the other 4WD). It is very confidence inspiring in snow and ice, the electronic nannies do a great job. Gas mileage has been surprising for how well the car performs. In winter at temps of 10 below, still managed 24mpg in an AWD car. When the temps get about 40 mileage hits low thirties for me but I drive like a sane person. Excellent car.

Great Car
By doc1975 on 01/31/14 08:38 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was a previous 3 series owner, 2009 328xi. The straight 6 cylinder does sound different, the 2.0 liter turbo does fine. The 2009 felt more solid to me and I actually liked the hydraulic steering. My wife tells me she hated my old car and loves my new car. Go figure. If you are a new BMW owner I think you will like the car, the power and technology. The car has an auto start/stop feature which I had the dealer remove, I wasn't a fan. There are three driving modes, Eco, Normal and Sport. You will take off like a rocket ship in Sport Mode, I think it might be too much throttle for the weight of the car. Eco is actually not too bad and you save some milage which is always good.

Driving Precision and Transformer Features to Wow 6 Year Olds
By rihallix on 10/12/13 10:19 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The switch from a zippy Honda Civic Si to a 328i Convertible may have taken away the rush of the Civic's K20 engine acceleration but it replaced it with a vehicle with refinement and class. At every turn it feels like someone back in Munich really thought about that feature and refined it. The convertible's big feature is of course it's transformational hard top - a feature guaranteed to mesmerize passing 6 year olds and still cause heads to turn for older observers. The 3.0 liter inline 6 is not the eager peppy Civic engine, it's more the competent "I got this" super smooth pour on the power superior alternative.

Do not fear the 4 Cylinder!
By michaelfb68 on 09/25/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2003 325i for 9 years before the repairs became too costly. I loved the drive, but jumped to an Infiniti G37x seeking more room, interior refinement, and reliability. The G just didn't do it for me from a performance perspective though, so back I came. I surprised to see BMW went to a 4T, but once you drive it you won't know it. Quiet, smooth, and fast, plus it gave me a 9 MPG bump over my G and old 325. You get to 70 mph and think you're doing 45. The cabin is quiet, the engine is quiet, and its all BMW. The steering is softer (not soft, though), but gets tighter with speed. Even at lower speeds though, it is responsive.

surprisingly good for what is essentially an entry-level, detuned 328i
By ouface on 09/01/13 00:08 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

it came down to the audi A4 quattro and this car. i almost got the audi, save for reliability issues that i had heard about. at first, i wasn't that warm to the idea of the 320i, being that it was a detuned, stripped-down 328i. but after a test drive, i was reasonably impressed and decided to go that route. handling is nimble, car is quick enough, and it handles like a BMW, though softer than my old manual-transmission E46 325ci. mine is a base model with basically only the moonroof and the power front seats with memory as the only options. stripped-down and basic, but that's all i needed for a commute that was four miles to/from work each way with no freeways.

Great car/Excellent to drive/Poor GPS
By davidwilson on 07/21/13 13:48 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2013 BMW 328i is a great car. Excellent to drive earning the "ultimate driving machine" statement. With the M package you receive outstanding upgrades my favorite is the 19" BMW wheels. The GPS however is very, very poor. The Garmin GPS on my wife's iPhone outperforms the GPS in this BMW product. BMW customer service was no help whatsoever. Test it first before buying to ensure you are OK with the GPS. Comparing this car to the C250 and Audi A4 was an easy decision due to the performance, handling, exterior design and interior comfort (my wife loves the seats). Had I tested the GPS I would not have purchased the upgrade.