2013 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great Car
By doc1975 on 01/31/14 08:38 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was a previous 3 series owner, 2009 328xi. The straight 6 cylinder does sound different, the 2.0 liter turbo does fine. The 2009 felt more solid to me and I actually liked the hydraulic steering. My wife tells me she hated my old car and loves my new car. Go figure. If you are a new BMW owner I think you will like the car, the power and technology. The car has an auto start/stop feature which I had the dealer remove, I wasn't a fan. There are three driving modes, Eco, Normal and Sport. You will take off like a rocket ship in Sport Mode, I think it might be too much throttle for the weight of the car. Eco is actually not too bad and you save some milage which is always good.

Driving Precision and Transformer Features to Wow 6 Year Olds
By rihallix on 10/12/13 10:19 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The switch from a zippy Honda Civic Si to a 328i Convertible may have taken away the rush of the Civic's K20 engine acceleration but it replaced it with a vehicle with refinement and class. At every turn it feels like someone back in Munich really thought about that feature and refined it. The convertible's big feature is of course it's transformational hard top - a feature guaranteed to mesmerize passing 6 year olds and still cause heads to turn for older observers. The 3.0 liter inline 6 is not the eager peppy Civic engine, it's more the competent "I got this" super smooth pour on the power superior alternative.

Do not fear the 4 Cylinder!
By michaelfb68 on 09/25/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2003 325i for 9 years before the repairs became too costly. I loved the drive, but jumped to an Infiniti G37x seeking more room, interior refinement, and reliability. The G just didn't do it for me from a performance perspective though, so back I came. I surprised to see BMW went to a 4T, but once you drive it you won't know it. Quiet, smooth, and fast, plus it gave me a 9 MPG bump over my G and old 325. You get to 70 mph and think you're doing 45. The cabin is quiet, the engine is quiet, and its all BMW. The steering is softer (not soft, though), but gets tighter with speed. Even at lower speeds though, it is responsive.

surprisingly good for what is essentially an entry-level, detuned 328i
By ouface on 09/01/13 00:08 AM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

it came down to the audi A4 quattro and this car. i almost got the audi, save for reliability issues that i had heard about. at first, i wasn't that warm to the idea of the 320i, being that it was a detuned, stripped-down 328i. but after a test drive, i was reasonably impressed and decided to go that route. handling is nimble, car is quick enough, and it handles like a BMW, though softer than my old manual-transmission E46 325ci. mine is a base model with basically only the moonroof and the power front seats with memory as the only options. stripped-down and basic, but that's all i needed for a commute that was four miles to/from work each way with no freeways.

Great car/Excellent to drive/Poor GPS
By davidwilson on 07/21/13 13:48 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2013 BMW 328i is a great car. Excellent to drive earning the "ultimate driving machine" statement. With the M package you receive outstanding upgrades my favorite is the 19" BMW wheels. The GPS however is very, very poor. The Garmin GPS on my wife's iPhone outperforms the GPS in this BMW product. BMW customer service was no help whatsoever. Test it first before buying to ensure you are OK with the GPS. Comparing this car to the C250 and Audi A4 was an easy decision due to the performance, handling, exterior design and interior comfort (my wife loves the seats). Had I tested the GPS I would not have purchased the upgrade.

The new Corolla in the form of a BMW 3 series
By longrides on 06/08/13 15:21 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Here's to the new $40K BMW Corolla, or should they just be embarrassed to even put the BMW symbol, which is (really, was) the symbol of "fun to drive"?! The pick-up in this car is jet-like, but that's where it ends. It handles like a Corolla. The interior is cheap and outdated, like a Corolla. This car handles like, you guessed it, a Corolla. It even has the same engine note as the Toyota Corolla. Everything about this car says "Toyota"! Except of course for the gorgeous exterior. The ridiculous introduction of electronic-assisted steering will prove to be the beginning of the end for BMW. I don't wonder anymore why Audi is advertising "more drivers than ever are switching over from BMW"!

3rd and last 3 series
By ristiferka79 on 05/17/13 21:48 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning for several months I think it is time to leave a review. Previously owning a 00 330i and 06 330i I was excited to be getting my first 335i. This car has been a disaster. It left me stranded on the side of the road at 900 miles after overheating, the entire fan system had to be replaced, the passenger side mirror is already broke and does not move, there is a constant vibration and rattle in the steering column, there is dull spots in the paint where it looks like it wasn't clear coated properly. I have already had this car in for repair's twice and without it for two weeks. Compared to my 00 and 06 this one does not even come close to the build quality. At least it looks nice.

Bmw 335 xi
By wpotis on 02/23/13 05:24 AM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for 6 months and have had no problems. The x drive works great in the snow. The car is amazing. Handling and acceleration are the best. Would buy a second one. Def. recommended. Winter tires are a little noisy.

Great Entry Level BMW
By yos21 on 12/26/12 16:56 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

BMW definitely delivered when they redesigned the 3 series. I dig the added length and wheel base. I have the M-sport edition w/prem and cold wx pkgs to include nav, rear cam, HUD and the Harmon Kardon sound. I love the Estoril Blue color and stylish M-Sport Wheels. The sound system is awesome! Storing music is a snap. All the features are easy to use and the idrive system makes integrating all of the features a snap! Only problem so far is a steering issue that whenever I turn the wheel to the extreme right-hand position. There is a clicking noise. I'm not worried since the warranty will cover this and the mechanics will fix it, but it's a bit displeasing to say the least!

Sold me on BMW
By ae4ax on 11/11/12 21:41 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I once thought that BMWs were the ugliest cars on the road. Then, their recent styling and interior updates, in addition to actually test driving one, got me hooked. Coming from a Taurus I wasn't sure what to expect; but the feeling I get in one word is "solid". Solid power, handling, materials, tech, comfort: much more of a driver's car than any I have driven. I drove 100 miles today through snaking rural roads in N. Alabama and S. Tennessee, and I was convinced I made the right choice. The Taurus was cavernous without a center console, and the 328i not so much with the driveshaft in the way, but plenty of room for a 6'2" 300 lb guy who likes space. I can't wait to go to Greenville...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW 3 Series in WA is:

$212 per month*