2012 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: So far so good

2012 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

So far so good
By kyrider on

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW and I was reluctant to buy a German car due to maintenance/reliability issues that I've heard before. But after 1500 miles the car is still silky smooth and no issues, knock on wood. The new 2.0L Turbo engine is amazing, acceleration is very good and there is no lug between pedal action and engine response. This car is fun to drive! The leather seats are much better than anything I had before, very comfy and the quality is very good. All features expected in a luxury car are there and they are worth every penny. The only thing that I miss are 1) a storage compartment for sunglasses and bigger storage for phone/wallet somewhere near the driver.

Engine, exterior, leather seats.

Sunglasses storage in the ceiling lights control area. A decent phone/wallet storage, as in deeper. The one place I keep my phone is on the shallow tray above the beverage holders but almost on every fast bends the phone slides out of the storage and falls in between seats. Door handle is way too forward and when closing the door from just few inches (tight parking spaces) you need to pull really hard to close it otherwise it will take 2-3 tries to do it. I guess if the handle would be 1-2 inches back it would create enough leverage to do the job in any situation.