Used 2012 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Base suspension is awful
By danmoch

2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just returned my 2012 328i with around 30,000 miles at the end of a 3 year lease. Although the 2.0 liter twin scroll turbo engine has plenty of power and the 8 spd automatic transmission was great, the base suspension was so soft and unsettled that just driving the car made me nauseated. This was my 6th BMW and suspension wise, the worst. Early on in the lease period, I changed to sport springs which made a big improvement in handling. Near the end of the lease, I changed back to the OEM springs and couldn't wait to return the car.

Responsive engine and transmission. Great gas mileage, especially on long trips. I averaged 34 MPG between SF Bay Area and the Tahoe basin round trip, even more than the EPA estimate.

The base suspension needed improving badly. Stiffer, progressive springs and better dampers would go a long way. The adjustable sport suspension might be better. Base seats lack lumbar support, and the synthetic material feels cheaper than Mercedes' synthetic.

Turbo Out at 47K Miles
By 328iguy1

2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall I love this car but, there have been numerous issues over the last two years; the brake warning light came on several times, even though there was nothing wrong with the brakes; I had a flat tire and drove around for about two weeks on it because the tire pressure warning light doesn't differentiate between flat and low pressure (it has run flats, and the tire pressure waring light comes on all the time, especially in cold weather so I usually ignore it); last but not least the turbo went out at 47K miles, and it took more than 30 days for the dealer to fix it because a part was on back order in Germany. So as much as I love driving this car, I think I am going to be trading it in.

The most uncomfortable car ever
By tybeegirl

2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded a 1999 3 series on this car and I wish I would have kept it. The seats are hard and the headrests are extremely uncomfortable. I have to use a seat cushion so that my head will reach the headrest because it won't go all the way down. The air conditioning is noisy and has intermittent issues. The Bluetooth phone interface is terrible. I have an iphone and a blackberry and everyone says I come across garbled. I took it to the dealership and they said there wasn't an issue, but I still can't use it. I can't wait to turn in this leased car. Just 5 more months.

Heads up display is Cool

Customer service
By kevcola11

2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best thing about my wife's new 3series is that she owns one now instead of her old Audi. The customer service at Russell BMW was the best, thanks to Ben Edwards & Larry cash my wife's car is very nice & new, she looks good in it, she's very happy.

The 2012 model looks great, handles like a champ, has heated rear seats.

Make the the rear seats more comfortable.

Good thing she's pretty, 'cause she sure is stupid
By klhunter

2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My third, and last BMW, until the i-drive is obsoleted. I've had this car a little over a year, and lots of issues. Tire pressure light keeps coming on with no pressure issues, the trunk required me to slam it to shut, the audio system is incredibly poorly designed, and the air and heat work intermittently. Using the idrive forces the driver to take their eyes off the road for quite a while, a dangerous way to drive. Fun to drive, as long as you don't want to use the audio system while you're driving, and are okay with the sound of a rush of wind coming through the car.

Handling.

Eliminate the idrive Better body construction Better audio system Easier navigation of vehicle information Steering wheel navigation of the radio and phone system