Used 2012 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Turbo Out at 47K Miles
By 328iguy1

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall I love this car but, there have been numerous issues over the last two years; the brake warning light came on several times, even though there was nothing wrong with the brakes; I had a flat tire and drove around for about two weeks on it because the tire pressure warning light doesn't differentiate between flat and low pressure (it has run flats, and the tire pressure waring light comes on all the time, especially in cold weather so I usually ignore it); last but not least the turbo went out at 47K miles, and it took more than 30 days for the dealer to fix it because a part was on back order in Germany. So as much as I love driving this car, I think I am going to be trading it in.

The most uncomfortable car ever
By tybeegirl

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded a 1999 3 series on this car and I wish I would have kept it. The seats are hard and the headrests are extremely uncomfortable. I have to use a seat cushion so that my head will reach the headrest because it won't go all the way down. The air conditioning is noisy and has intermittent issues. The Bluetooth phone interface is terrible. I have an iphone and a blackberry and everyone says I come across garbled. I took it to the dealership and they said there wasn't an issue, but I still can't use it. I can't wait to turn in this leased car. Just 5 more months.

Favorite Features

Heads up display is Cool

Customer service
By kevcola11

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best thing about my wife's new 3series is that she owns one now instead of her old Audi. The customer service at Russell BMW was the best, thanks to Ben Edwards & Larry cash my wife's car is very nice & new, she looks good in it, she's very happy.

Favorite Features

The 2012 model looks great, handles like a champ, has heated rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Make the the rear seats more comfortable.

Good thing she's pretty, 'cause she sure is stupid
By klhunter

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My third, and last BMW, until the i-drive is obsoleted. I've had this car a little over a year, and lots of issues. Tire pressure light keeps coming on with no pressure issues, the trunk required me to slam it to shut, the audio system is incredibly poorly designed, and the air and heat work intermittently. Using the idrive forces the driver to take their eyes off the road for quite a while, a dangerous way to drive. Fun to drive, as long as you don't want to use the audio system while you're driving, and are okay with the sound of a rush of wind coming through the car.

Favorite Features

Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the idrive Better body construction Better audio system Easier navigation of vehicle information Steering wheel navigation of the radio and phone system

Love my 320
By hajam

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Yes it is a 320 and not 328. Here in the Middle East we have an entry model 320. The engine is exactly the same 2.0 however it has a different turbo and tuned down to 184HP.... Well I have the car for only 10 days so I cannot say much other than I am loving it day after day. Initially I was skeptical a bit as my last car was 2007 BMW 550. I do miss it a lot but I am enjoying the my new car. I guess I will give it few months and write another review.

Favorite Features

Great looks, inside and out. Acceptable performance but I cannot complain, I know what I was getting and I am not supposed to compare it to the 550.

Suggested Improvements

2 things: Early morning start the engine a bit noisy. Diesel like noisy. After few minutes it slowly goes away. When I checked with dealer, they said it is normal. I am not too convinced and I feel a recall might happen soon. The other thing, The dealership here in Saudi. Lousy, they simply don't know what they are doing. I cannot say much