2012 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Customer service
By kevcola11 on 03/14/14 05:19 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best thing about my wife's new 3series is that she owns one now instead of her old Audi. The customer service at Russell BMW was the best, thanks to Ben Edwards & Larry cash my wife's car is very nice & new, she looks good in it, she's very happy.

Good thing she's pretty, 'cause she sure is stupid
By klhunter on 10/24/13 12:33 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My third, and last BMW, until the i-drive is obsoleted. I've had this car a little over a year, and lots of issues. Tire pressure light keeps coming on with no pressure issues, the trunk required me to slam it to shut, the audio system is incredibly poorly designed, and the air and heat work intermittently. Using the idrive forces the driver to take their eyes off the road for quite a while, a dangerous way to drive. Fun to drive, as long as you don't want to use the audio system while you're driving, and are okay with the sound of a rush of wind coming through the car.

Love my 320
By hajam on 11/21/12 03:30 AM (PST)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Yes it is a 320 and not 328. Here in the Middle East we have an entry model 320. The engine is exactly the same 2.0 however it has a different turbo and tuned down to 184HP.... Well I have the car for only 10 days so I cannot say much other than I am loving it day after day. Initially I was skeptical a bit as my last car was 2007 BMW 550. I do miss it a lot but I am enjoying the my new car. I guess I will give it few months and write another review.

Mixed feelings
By fancycars on 09/27/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my 328i (automatic w Premium package) for one month now. It is a mixed bag of pros and cons. For a $40K car, I expected better and well thought out amenities to come standard. Not sure how long I may keep it.

So far so good
By kyrider on 09/13/12 05:17 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW and I was reluctant to buy a German car due to maintenance/reliability issues that I've heard before. But after 1500 miles the car is still silky smooth and no issues, knock on wood. The new 2.0L Turbo engine is amazing, acceleration is very good and there is no lug between pedal action and engine response. This car is fun to drive! The leather seats are much better than anything I had before, very comfy and the quality is very good. All features expected in a luxury car are there and they are worth every penny. The only thing that I miss are 1) a storage compartment for sunglasses and bigger storage for phone/wallet somewhere near the driver.

first German luxury and satisfied
By kyrider on 08/26/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first German luxury car and I'm amazed at the quality and performance of the engine. The 2.0L turbo engine is amazing better than my previous V6 Japanese. I traded space by moving to 3 series but I don't regret it, the drive is amazing and the faster you go the better the car gets. This is my first German car so I can't speak of reliability yet but I hope for many years of engine free issues. The one

A great balance of sportiness, luxury and value
By karlnmichelle on 08/25/12 19:03 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my CTS Cad, which I really liked and found comfortable, but just wasn't up to par with German craftsmanship. The new 3 is my second BMW. It is actually quicker, more agile, and sure footed than our 2006 Z-4, even though we have just the base 4 cyl. This car is literally a solute to engineering and craftsmanship...and we love the nose. Killer sound system and nice rims too. An all around improvement on what was already a fine car.

Love the performance, hate the operating system
By grlinatl on 08/06/12 02:52 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The title says it all. This is my third BMW, and I'm consistently impressed by the performance, handling and ride. The cockpits have always been a little unique, but my last two BMWs felt like a comfortable place to settle in for a long ride. On this model, however, I find that navigating even the radio stations to figure out what's playing, requires too much handling and eyes away from the road. It's a bit of gilding the lily that's just not working for me.

Adding to my 3//17/2012 review
By raycee on 07/09/12 21:02 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

To add to my review on 3/17/2012 ... I have now had the vehicle for 4 months and still love the car.   It is one seamless and smooth driving machine and I especially appreciated it on a recent road trip of 358 miles each way.  Most was freeway driven and I was absolutely amazed at my average MPG of 37.5  primarily freeway and on Econ mode with average 69 MPH.

Not As Good As My Old 3 Series
By zivand on 06/12/12 01:08 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have driven a 2001 BMW 3 series sedan since 2001, have loved every moment, thought I would never drive anything else and was really looking forward to my new 2012 three which I picked up in May 2012 with the luxury line and technology package. The Edmunds comment that the 2012 3 series is "less involving to drive than carry over models" is spot on. Yes it more luxurious, bigger, has more technology and is very nice looking, but when push comes to shove -- and if I were confronted with a tricky driving situation -- I'd prefer hands down to be in my 2001 3 series as it was more agile, responsive and connected to me as a driver.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW 3 Series in NJ is:

$236 per month*