2012 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Turbo Out at 47K Miles
By 328iguy1 on 06/29/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall I love this car but, there have been numerous issues over the last two years; the brake warning light came on several times, even though there was nothing wrong with the brakes; I had a flat tire and drove around for about two weeks on it because the tire pressure warning light doesn't differentiate between flat and low pressure (it has run flats, and the tire pressure waring light comes on all the time, especially in cold weather so I usually ignore it); last but not least the turbo went out at 47K miles, and it took more than 30 days for the dealer to fix it because a part was on back order in Germany. So as much as I love driving this car, I think I am going to be trading it in.

The most uncomfortable car ever
By tybeegirl on 06/19/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded a 1999 3 series on this car and I wish I would have kept it. The seats are hard and the headrests are extremely uncomfortable. I have to use a seat cushion so that my head will reach the headrest because it won't go all the way down. The air conditioning is noisy and has intermittent issues. The Bluetooth phone interface is terrible. I have an iphone and a blackberry and everyone says I come across garbled. I took it to the dealership and they said there wasn't an issue, but I still can't use it. I can't wait to turn in this leased car. Just 5 more months.

Customer service
By kevcola11 on 03/14/14 05:19 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best thing about my wife's new 3series is that she owns one now instead of her old Audi. The customer service at Russell BMW was the best, thanks to Ben Edwards & Larry cash my wife's car is very nice & new, she looks good in it, she's very happy.

Good thing she's pretty, 'cause she sure is stupid
By klhunter on 10/24/13 12:33 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My third, and last BMW, until the i-drive is obsoleted. I've had this car a little over a year, and lots of issues. Tire pressure light keeps coming on with no pressure issues, the trunk required me to slam it to shut, the audio system is incredibly poorly designed, and the air and heat work intermittently. Using the idrive forces the driver to take their eyes off the road for quite a while, a dangerous way to drive. Fun to drive, as long as you don't want to use the audio system while you're driving, and are okay with the sound of a rush of wind coming through the car.

Love my 320
By hajam on 11/21/12 03:30 AM (PST)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Yes it is a 320 and not 328. Here in the Middle East we have an entry model 320. The engine is exactly the same 2.0 however it has a different turbo and tuned down to 184HP.... Well I have the car for only 10 days so I cannot say much other than I am loving it day after day. Initially I was skeptical a bit as my last car was 2007 BMW 550. I do miss it a lot but I am enjoying the my new car. I guess I will give it few months and write another review.

Mixed feelings
By fancycars on 09/27/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my 328i (automatic w Premium package) for one month now. It is a mixed bag of pros and cons. For a $40K car, I expected better and well thought out amenities to come standard. Not sure how long I may keep it.

So far so good
By kyrider on 09/13/12 05:17 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW and I was reluctant to buy a German car due to maintenance/reliability issues that I've heard before. But after 1500 miles the car is still silky smooth and no issues, knock on wood. The new 2.0L Turbo engine is amazing, acceleration is very good and there is no lug between pedal action and engine response. This car is fun to drive! The leather seats are much better than anything I had before, very comfy and the quality is very good. All features expected in a luxury car are there and they are worth every penny. The only thing that I miss are 1) a storage compartment for sunglasses and bigger storage for phone/wallet somewhere near the driver.

first German luxury and satisfied
By kyrider on 08/26/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first German luxury car and I'm amazed at the quality and performance of the engine. The 2.0L turbo engine is amazing better than my previous V6 Japanese. I traded space by moving to 3 series but I don't regret it, the drive is amazing and the faster you go the better the car gets. This is my first German car so I can't speak of reliability yet but I hope for many years of engine free issues. The one

A great balance of sportiness, luxury and value
By karlnmichelle on 08/25/12 19:03 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my CTS Cad, which I really liked and found comfortable, but just wasn't up to par with German craftsmanship. The new 3 is my second BMW. It is actually quicker, more agile, and sure footed than our 2006 Z-4, even though we have just the base 4 cyl. This car is literally a solute to engineering and craftsmanship...and we love the nose. Killer sound system and nice rims too. An all around improvement on what was already a fine car.

Love the performance, hate the operating system
By grlinatl on 08/06/12 02:52 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The title says it all. This is my third BMW, and I'm consistently impressed by the performance, handling and ride. The cockpits have always been a little unique, but my last two BMWs felt like a comfortable place to settle in for a long ride. On this model, however, I find that navigating even the radio stations to figure out what's playing, requires too much handling and eyes away from the road. It's a bit of gilding the lily that's just not working for me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW 3 Series in VA is:

$140 per month*