2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: WOW

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel - Consumer Review

2011 BMW 3 Series Diesel

WOW
By Mike in LA on

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I replaced my 2008 328i with a 2011 335d, which I picked up five days ago. When it comes to raw power, this car makes my old 328i seem like a Pirus. The manual says to keep the RPM below 3500 during the first 1200 miles, but this car wants to take off. It doesn't take much of a push on the accelerator to kick in the turbo and pop you head back, and your up to 80!

BMW and the dealership together knocked almost 20% off sticker, making the diesel a great value.

Unfortunately, this car, at idle, sounds like a diesel, and continues to sound like a diesel until you get above 45 mph. If they could hide that sound, the car would be perfect.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mike0404
on 10/22/12 11:09 AM (PDT)

I have driven this car for two years, and I am still very happy with it. On average, I get between 30 and 34 mpg, depending on how much street driving I do. I have 29,000 miles on it, and the only problem I had was a recall of the zero emission exhaust system which took two days to resolve. I was planning to keep this car for several years, but BMW's quick decision to discontinue the 3 series diesel makes me wonder if they plan to discontinue diesels all together. This car's weakest point is the exhaust system requirements, which could, someday, render this car inoperable in California.