The most fun you can have with four wheels
By gruderian on
2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
This is almost the perfect driving machine. It is the first car since my new 1970 modified Corvette I actually take out for a drive just for the fun of it. This car is engineering perfection. Easy to drive under any conditions and easy to live with on a day by day basis. Gets unbelievable gas mileage for what it is: 19.2, all city, break-in, stop and go dirving; 24, combined, varying rpm 2000 to 4000 for break-in. Seats are more comfortable by a long shot than those in my 2008 550i. Heater/ air conditioner works much better that 550i. No I-drive, a vast improvement. The drive by wire is a vast improvement over the 550i which always reminded me control was a request, not an order.
Favorite Features
The precise way the engine responds. The "you are part of the car" cornering and stopping. Seat comfort and stability. A heater that actually puts heat on my feet. Air conditioning that seems to put cold air where I really want it. Gas mileage for this type of high performance car. A ride far exceeding the one I lived with for three years in the 550i. How it looks from any angle. The precise and tight assembly. Trouble free from the day I drove it off the lot ( 1,340 miles to date ). Living without the I-drive. Common sense interior. Thank you BMW for making the 2011 550i such a drivers performance nightmare. But for that, I would never even thought about this car.
Suggested Improvements
Put back the noise device that alerts me when I lock and unlock the car. Put the cigarette lighter back up front so I do not have to put an extension cord across the seats to run equipment. Make the seat belt holder extend farther forward. A larger trunk would be nice but I do not see how you can do it. Get rid of those Bridgestone run flats and replace them with the Michlens. Make the trunk open all the way when unlocked and put something on the back to make it close easier. More glove compartment storage space would be nice. Install a CD player that will hold more than one disc. Find a better looking wheel (M sport package). I bought new ones to keep up with how good the car looks