2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Second 3-Series and Still Impr

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Second 3-Series and Still Impressed
By dmaccioc on

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2007 328i with minimal equipment and can say after just a week of owning the 2011, make sure you get the Premium Package and Nav. Completely different car and though more expensive, a better value with proper equipment. iDrive is easy to use and traffic sensing comes in handy in the NY metro area! This car looks much better with the now standard 17" wheels and it still rides well. The 3 series is perfect in every way - only things I don't like about it are: cup holders, somewhat lacking storage, small back seat, and lack of flip-down rear seats without CW package. The steering feel, engine sound, taut ride, and amazing craftsmanship are what brought me back. Couldn't be happier.

Feeling of quality from the line-up of the seams, stitching on the leather, to the excellent engine and ride. Though city mileage isn't amazing, I would typically get 31+ on the highway in my old 3 and expect the same out of this one.

Noticed that the standard speakers this time around aren't as good. I didn't really test the speakers before buying because I thought I was familiar with them, would have considered paying extra for the HK system had I known. If you aren't an audiophile you might not care, though.