2011 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great BMW car!

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

328i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great BMW car!
By billr6 on

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Smooth car, very fast, looks great! interior is very nice and exterior is first class!! Power is amazing, I pass other cars on the highway in 3 to 10 seconds!! When you press the gas engine growls ever so nicely!! I am very confident when passing other cars on the highway or city streets. Steering and handling is first class!! Amazing car!!!

Favorite Features

Speed, pick up, engine growl. Great looking car out and in.

Suggested Improvements

remove run flat tires and use regular performance tires.
By jeffzx
on 01/19/12 17:32 PM (PST)

If you are prone to car sickness as a passenger, you may be prone as a driver in this car due to the harsh engine braking breaking when you let up on the gas. At slow speeds, and especially in stop- and-go traffic, the heavy engine braking is enough to get many nauseous as the car does not easily coast to a stop. I complained about the problem to a BMW expert on "Just Answers", and his response is as follows: "Wish I had good news and there was a programming fix for thisb ut there are no new updates for this problem. I have had a few customers tell me the same thing so I am not surprised of noticing the engine braking." "I have test driven with customers a few times for this as well and it can be very noticeable on a new engine. I take a lot of test drives with customers for various reasons and I think overall the 328i is the most common to have the engine braking complaint as well as the X5. Currrently there is no fix for this symptom. All cars do have a certain amount of engine braking. The size of the engine and compression ratios would have an effect on the overall engine braking but is is not quite the same as this effect is created by both the engine and the transmission in the BMW. I drove a 328i this morning. I found that when using manual mode I still experienced quite a bit of engine braking effect. As it attempted to keep it in a higher gear it still automatically down shifted with the engine braking effect.