2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: My first, but definitely not l

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

My first, but definitely not last, BMW
By newbeemer on

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my first BMW a week ago. I got the 2011 328i (X-Drive, w/Nav). Coming from an Acura TSX, I don't know how I have been driving any other car. This car begs to be driven and it begs even more to hug corners. After my lease is up I am definitely getting another BMW - truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. Drive one and you'll understand why they picked that slogan. I barely feel the car accelerate. The interior is well organized and very well thought out. Although, I'm not a fan of the driver's cup holder, but that's just being nit-picky. There isn't much storage room on the front as the glove box is small and the center console is also small. Again, these are minor to me.

I can't describe how amazing this car feels to drive. There is definitely a major difference in the feel. I test drove the Acura TL, Audi A4, Lexus IS and a few others in the class and there seriously is no comparison. The iDrive is easy to use and pretty self explanatory. BMW's leases offer coverage on everything (wipers, oil changes etc.) which is a huge factor. It covers everything except the tires. I did purchase the tire and rim protection since I live in a city and hitting a pothole could really be a possibility. Supposedly the tires/rim are very very expensive to replace.

Maybe some more storage room in the front. One thing my TSX had was the ability to unlock all the doors once I shifted the car to PARK. Not the case here. Again, very minor and that's just me trying to find something wrong with this car. It is absolutely amazing.