2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Lots of fun. But often not wor

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

335i Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Lots of fun. But often not working?
By gottabmorecareful on

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First let me say, this car is the most fun you can have. Even on the days you drive the speed limit! Equally capable cruising the highway or city driving. I get around 30/mpg highway. Exterior is a head- Turner and I get lots of compliments around town. Nice interior with great improvements to idrive/navigation. Cup holders are still horrible. But if you buy a BMW for the functionality of the cup holders, you are wrong! I really just have one major complaint. I've driven less than 3500 miles and my baby is already in the shop! It appears the mysterious fuel pump "gremlins" continue to plague the 335! Frustrating isn't even the word! Makes me think I should have got a c63 instead?

Favorite Features

Performance is awesome! Nothing drives like a BMW and this car will have you smiling like a kid in the candy store! Love the updates to idrive. Navigation w/real time traffic display, interactive map, hard-drive storage. Easily the best looking coupe on the road! New lights are a nice touch too!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the high pressure fuel pump! This is the 2nd 335 I've owned. Previously had a '08 335 (I'm a glutton for punishment) and had faith/assumed that BMW would have worked this issue out after 4 years! But of course you know what happens when you "assume". C'mon BMW, don't make me buy a Mercedes!
By vadersv8
on 12/07/11 15:43 PM (PST)

I agree with you, I still can't beleive they haven't fixed this issue. Let's just hope they fixed it with the 2012's