Hard to believe it's a diesel
By drdan on
2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I'm still in the break-in period, but this car is a blast to drive. The new model styling is really great. The wheels and trim accents in the sport package look fabulous. While I'm a big fan of the BMW sport seats (my previous 530i had them, too), I'm having a little trouble getting really comfortable in these. In 40 years of driving, this is my first automatic transmission car, but I don't think that I'm going to miss it as much as I thought. The wheel base of this 3 series is almost the same as my old 530i, so it's really quite roomy inside. However, it's still a 3 series, so it's just not as upscale as my old 5 series. When BMW brings a 5-series diesel to the US, I'll move back up.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling. Diesel torque and fuel efficiency (40-41mpg @ 70 mph). The LED door-handle lights are too sexy for words-- almost worth the purchase price. 8 GB of music storage. Driver customization through iDrive.
Suggested Improvements
Dump the run-flat tires and provide a spare. I'm already looking for other tires, for when these low tread-wear tires need replacing. Many little conveniences, present in my 2003 530i, are missing here, e.g., coin holder, felt lining in door storage areas, up-and-away steering column.