2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Everything written is true

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Everything written is true
By Trapped in Germany on

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had the car for a good bit now. Custom order - M Sport package, cold weather, and comfort access is all. I live in Germany so I get to "put it through its paces" when I get the chance. This car is fantastic. It is comfortable, solidly built, austerely luxurious, and drives like no other. I still cannot get over how smooth it is...the engine, the steering, the clutch, the acceleration, even the suspension absorbs most bumps without undue issue. The steering and engine are otherworldly. I have driven some great cars and there are many great cars out there. This ranks right up there with some of the great cars in production at the moment.

Favorite Features

Engine, steering, manual transmission, comfort of the sport seats, suspension, engine sound. Comfort access is awesome. Believe it or not, I love the cup holders. Out of the way, hold a human sized cup, and are pretty solid. For all you "big gulpers" out there, you shouldn't drink that in a car anyway

Suggested Improvements

Front fascia is very low to the ground, watch it or you'll scrape on curbs, parking blocks, etc. Floor carpet seems lower quality than rest of interior. Wish I could have gotten compass mirror or lumbar without entire rip off "premium package." Nitpicks.