2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Second 3-Series and Still Impressed
By dmaccioc on 08/13/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2007 328i with minimal equipment and can say after just a week of owning the 2011, make sure you get the Premium Package and Nav. Completely different car and though more expensive, a better value with proper equipment. iDrive is easy to use and traffic sensing comes in handy in the NY metro area! This car looks much better with the now standard 17" wheels and it still rides well. The 3 series is perfect in every way - only things I don't like about it are: cup holders, somewhat lacking storage, small back seat, and lack of flip-down rear seats without CW package. The steering feel, engine sound, taut ride, and amazing craftsmanship are what brought me back. Couldn't be happier.

Hard to believe it's a diesel
By drdan on 08/08/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I'm still in the break-in period, but this car is a blast to drive. The new model styling is really great. The wheels and trim accents in the sport package look fabulous. While I'm a big fan of the BMW sport seats (my previous 530i had them, too), I'm having a little trouble getting really comfortable in these. In 40 years of driving, this is my first automatic transmission car, but I don't think that I'm going to miss it as much as I thought. The wheel base of this 3 series is almost the same as my old 530i, so it's really quite roomy inside. However, it's still a 3 series, so it's just not as upscale as my old 5 series. When BMW brings a 5-series diesel to the US, I'll move back up.

Best Sports Car
By John on 08/06/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This by far is best sports car for the money! looked at lexus acura benz and audi, the BMW outshines on all accounts. Very fun to drive.

Changes
By George on 07/29/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car replaces a 2008 328i. It has the same engine and BASIC design. They have added 17 inch wheels (about time) and made the lights and body a little more sporty. They have decreased the power hook ups. They removed the ash tray and cigar lighter from the dash. The only power hook up is now in the console. Bad idea. This is the days of pc's, PDAs and portable GPS. They all need power! The steering seems to be a little looser, more play in the wheel etc than my 2008 model. Not sure if this is just my imagination or not. They decreased the number of speakers. The sound is a little thinner.

Outstanding Diesel Car
By Bill on 07/04/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Have had this car 4 weeks and it is a great driving experience, starting with its tremendous power and excellent handling. We are getting 31 mpg in combined driving, and 40 mpg on the highway. Couldn't ask for a better, more enjoyable car.

2011 BMW 335d at 1000 miles
By factoryguy on 06/10/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The 335d is amazing. It delivers the handling and road manners typical of the 3 series while the turbo diesel engine's incredible torque output makes the car accelerate like a 1960s Detroit muscle car. The standard seats are extremely comfortable and the interior fit and finish are perfect. Mileage is in line with what others report, upper 20s to mid 30s in town and around 40 on the highway. The OEM run-flats (Continental) are predictable and surprisingly quiet, but I would have paid extra for an alternative to RFs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series in VA is:

$139 per month*