Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

powerful in any gear
By i_heart_bmw

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 48 hr review of the car. I have only had it 2 days I can only rate it based on my current experience. I have owned a '98 328i and a '05 330ix, both I have loved. Both manual trans and were extremely reliable. I would highly suggest getting a manual to take advantage of the torque curve. The automatic, though fine, lags a little bit in my opinion because it wants to downshift if you stomp on the accelerator. In a manual, with the 300 fps starting at 1200 rpms, you have the power to climb a hill in any gear so you don't necessarily have to down shift. I bought this with nearly every package and option available. Definitely buy this with the M sports package.

The I drive system is very intricate. It greatly improves a drivers experience and you can fine tune how the car operates down to the chirp with the door unlocks. But there is a learning curve to it, take your time to get to know it. The blue tooth is very nice. I use a Droid 2 and I just have to enter the car with my phone and it automatically pairs up. The M sports package with the improved steering wheel makes for a very comfortable and confident steering feel. The bucket seats hug me perfectly and I don't slide around in a tight turn. The short shift kit it comes with is wonderful Comfort access, I just have to touch the door handle to enter or lock the door. Power and handling.

The I drive is very intricate. I have not compared it to another vehicle by personal use, but observationally it seems they could improves this via a touch screen display. Other than that as I have only been using it for 2 days, I am just getting used to how it operates and I am sure I will be just as happy with the way the UI stands as it is. After TTL I paid 66k for this car. Mind you I added pretty much every option, including a mechanical rear sun shade. You can find this for a lot less and if you do not need to finely tune an experience, drop the I drive, the convenience packages. I did add the extended mechanical warranty as well. Without the warranty and tax it listed out at 57k

The Ultimate driving machine
By qali

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up a new 2011 automatic Space Grey auto with premium sound, premium package. First the negatives. BMW removed the ashtray and the accompanying charger/socket and replaced it with an open cavity. Not sure if I liked that idea as now all the junk/coins etc are visible. The car looks and feels oozing with performance and luxury.

Beautifully finished interior/exterior, no rattles or creaks, handles like a dream, outstanding brakes, cool auto-dimming and folding mirrors. Fantastic sound as compared to earlier BMWs.

Include key-less ignition as standard in a car of this class.

Bearing Noise
By jim_l

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I the 328i Coupe with the M Sports package is a great car. It handles great and the design/look of the car, I feel is awesome. The only complaint I have is a fairly loud bearing noise (sounds like power steering). I brought this back to the dealer and was advised it is normal, but I find it a very annoying. I tend to focus on the noise every time I start the car. Other than that, it is a great car.

Great fun to drive
By johnlutt

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. It handles is like a groove in the road. I do have a few complaints. First, the throttle response sucks (at least when new). Auto trans starts in 2nd and there seems to be a lag getting up to speed when driving normally. Punching it will start in 1st, but there is still a slight delay then up to speed quickly. Dealer said the trans will "learn" based on driving habits. Surprisingly, he seems to be right and it has gotten better or I have gotten used to it. The aux connection is in the center console but no place for the cord to exit. Stock stereo on my 1998 Maxima probably sounds better. Can't read stereo with polarized sun glasses.

Handling

From 1 series to a 3 series
By billinaz

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently tradeed in my 2010 1 series for a 2011 3 series. I loved the 1, fast, handles, and was built for performance. Just no room for anythingmore then one person... The 3 series is quick (only weighs 170 pounds more) from the 1 series. I have had a couple of minor problems (headlights, and computer) but seem to be fixed. I have not had a chance to really open it up, still under 700 miles but hope to give it a little test drive on way to Vegas. I have had Audi's, and other sports cars but overall best value and vehicle for money.

The handleing, power from a inline 6 (twin- turbo helps).... The interior feels like quaility, no creeks or squeeks from anything even on bumpy roads...

BMW need to give you the bettr stero, with either the prem package or Nav package... I mean for the cost of those packages you can give me a few more speakers and amp....