Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great fun to drive
By johnlutt

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. It handles is like a groove in the road. I do have a few complaints. First, the throttle response sucks (at least when new). Auto trans starts in 2nd and there seems to be a lag getting up to speed when driving normally. Punching it will start in 1st, but there is still a slight delay then up to speed quickly. Dealer said the trans will "learn" based on driving habits. Surprisingly, he seems to be right and it has gotten better or I have gotten used to it. The aux connection is in the center console but no place for the cord to exit. Stock stereo on my 1998 Maxima probably sounds better. Can't read stereo with polarized sun glasses.

Favorite Features

Handling

From 1 series to a 3 series
By billinaz

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently tradeed in my 2010 1 series for a 2011 3 series. I loved the 1, fast, handles, and was built for performance. Just no room for anythingmore then one person... The 3 series is quick (only weighs 170 pounds more) from the 1 series. I have had a couple of minor problems (headlights, and computer) but seem to be fixed. I have not had a chance to really open it up, still under 700 miles but hope to give it a little test drive on way to Vegas. I have had Audi's, and other sports cars but overall best value and vehicle for money.

Favorite Features

The handleing, power from a inline 6 (twin- turbo helps).... The interior feels like quaility, no creeks or squeeks from anything even on bumpy roads...

Suggested Improvements

BMW need to give you the bettr stero, with either the prem package or Nav package... I mean for the cost of those packages you can give me a few more speakers and amp....

Great Car!
By heiko1

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

335 convertible is a wonderful automobile, fantastic performance and truly amazingly fuel efficient. It is far more comfortable than expected, the idrive with navigation and upgraded stereo is supurb, 8 mgs storage, its a very fine automobile that attracts little attention, which is what I wanted. Fit and finish are superior. BMW's European delivery is a fantastic way to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven, the car is tight and flawless at 120 mph on the autobahn. Car can also handle the potholes of Michigan in style.

Favorite Features

The latest rendition of this 3 series may be perfect.

335D 2011
By jrjoseph

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My first diesel, and my second BMW. I traded my 530XI for the 335D. Got the sports package, and all the bells and whistles. Drives really well, I am expecting to get a few speeding tickets with this car:) Great car however seems to have one simple flaw, the speedometer is off by 3 Km/H, not much however may have to see the dealer for a fix. I highly recommend this car to anyone, especially if you are on the green track and wont to feel good about not polluting the environment. It's way better than a hybrid, GREAT performance from a reputed mfg. Unfortunately 335D comes at a price, but I can assure you it's all worth it.

Favorite Features

Torque, thank God for sports seat, holds you in place when you step on the accelerator. The Bluetooth connects much faster than my previous 530XI. Seats, did I say torque

Suggested Improvements

In my case the speedometer. BMW need's to bring the 320D, 328D, and 535D to North America, I have driven BMW diesel while in Europe, I feel that NA is ready for Diesel cars.

2011 328i 3.0 AUTO
By semperfi68

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Our first BMW. Picked up this car new and like the way it handles and drives. The cup holders are fine with me. I like how they are out of sight when not in use. The radio is good. One must be near deaf to need or want a lounder one. The car is not made for people with big feet. Wife is small and has small feet, and she drives the most, where I'm tall and me feet hit the brakes or gas ped by accident often. Still, it's ok. However, since buying this car, it's been in the shop 3 times for a diff. problem. (my luck). First time, they replaced said diff., next, replaced oil and added some, wanted us to drive it aound a few weeks, next, they ordered another diff.. Still waiting

Favorite Features

Looks and size.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage. Better diff. maybe? One can't be too happy about a differential problem.