Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Addition to my diesel stable
By trdsc2

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased this car at the end of March and so far have not passed the break in period. I am sold on diesels, already owning a 2009 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI. The combination of power and super fuel economy is an unbeatable combination. I love every thing about the vehicle except the lack of interior storage (the owners manual case just barely fits in the glove compartment) and the quality of the leather could be a lot better for a car of this price. I find the low end torque truly intoxicating and much prefer it to having to wind the engine up to high RPM's just to get a power launch.

Torque, exterior styling, I-drive and the Nav system, paddle shifters, sport suspension, smooth, and quiet highway cruising until you floor the gas. Gas mileage

Satellite radio, lumbar support, comfort access and universal remote control should be standard features as they are on much less expensive vehicles. More interior storage space. More power outlets in car. Quality of the leather could be better.

The most fun you can have with four wheels
By gruderian

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is almost the perfect driving machine. It is the first car since my new 1970 modified Corvette I actually take out for a drive just for the fun of it. This car is engineering perfection. Easy to drive under any conditions and easy to live with on a day by day basis. Gets unbelievable gas mileage for what it is: 19.2, all city, break-in, stop and go dirving; 24, combined, varying rpm 2000 to 4000 for break-in. Seats are more comfortable by a long shot than those in my 2008 550i. Heater/ air conditioner works much better that 550i. No I-drive, a vast improvement. The drive by wire is a vast improvement over the 550i which always reminded me control was a request, not an order.

The precise way the engine responds. The "you are part of the car" cornering and stopping. Seat comfort and stability. A heater that actually puts heat on my feet. Air conditioning that seems to put cold air where I really want it. Gas mileage for this type of high performance car. A ride far exceeding the one I lived with for three years in the 550i. How it looks from any angle. The precise and tight assembly. Trouble free from the day I drove it off the lot ( 1,340 miles to date ). Living without the I-drive. Common sense interior. Thank you BMW for making the 2011 550i such a drivers performance nightmare. But for that, I would never even thought about this car.

Put back the noise device that alerts me when I lock and unlock the car. Put the cigarette lighter back up front so I do not have to put an extension cord across the seats to run equipment. Make the seat belt holder extend farther forward. A larger trunk would be nice but I do not see how you can do it. Get rid of those Bridgestone run flats and replace them with the Michlens. Make the trunk open all the way when unlocked and put something on the back to make it close easier. More glove compartment storage space would be nice. Install a CD player that will hold more than one disc. Find a better looking wheel (M sport package). I bought new ones to keep up with how good the car looks

Beautiful, fun ride
By van_dine

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a longtime owner of Lexus cars and former writer who has reviewed their share of autos, I looked at BMW, Audi, and Lexus to choose from (Audi= sketchy reliability history; performance not yet on par w/others; Lexus=overall good cars but no styles of late that get my blood going). The BMW 3 series couple always had my attention and the 328 couple I purchased does not disappoint. It hangs well on S-curves and braking power is amazing. The body is sturdy and interior is simple yet timeless. Pros: Total driving joy Superficial Factor: I have received more compliments on this car than any other Cons: The cup holders can make some drinks jumpy but with respect to the total car, can forgive it

DANG, DIESEL!
By teaguespecial

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second BMW and let's just say I'll never stray from the brand. I sold my '06 330i 6-speed manuel and bought the 335d. This is a great everyday car for anyone who loves to drive. Don't get it if you like driving a Lexus. Boring! This car can fly! Push you back in your seat fly! There's slight lag when you push the accelerator compared to my 330i but when it pulls, hold on tight! Great gas mileage (about 27 city / almost 40 highway). Love the iDrive system. Crystal clear screen w/no glare. Fold down seat a nice plus. Standard sound system sounds great. Sport pkg a must - adds sleeker profile, sport seats, sport steering wheel, etc... highly recommend!

Sport wheels on 335d only, torque, acceleration, gas milage, iDrive system, zenon headlights, fold down seat, heated seats, minimalist interior yet loaded with options, subtle purr of the diesel. Only hear more than a purr when starting in the cold. Love the solid sound of the doors shutting.

There's a slight rattle in the left door panel that i can't figure out... Make the keyless start standard, or just give me a normal key! Give an "unlock all doors in park" option in addition to auto lock at 5mph.

great car
By tommyycar

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just had to report that our 2010 328 convertible averaged 32 MPG driving up and down through the mountains of West Virginia. In addition to being great in every other way, It's an economy car! Who Knew? I will be thrilled if the 2012 X5 I have on the way pleasantly surprises us with this kind of gas mileage.

Just a well built car. Amazingly virtually no wind noise with top up. MUCH quiter than the 2008 Lexus LS I'm trading for teh X5.

Really nothing.