2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Topless wheels
By Value driver on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time BMW driver. The steering and handing is different from my old Accord, feels heavier and more sure. Best option is the motorized hard top. Driving top down brings a smile to the face and all passengers. I seem to be a favorite designated driver. Found lease too expansive with fees, I was offered a BMW select finance package, with 5 year lease-like payments and a lump sum at the end. Interest 1.9% and no fees.

I love driving again
By Vicki A on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't enjoyed driving so much since I was 16. This car handles like a dream, quick acceleration with power to spare, transmission is very smooth, breaking is well-balanced, corners like it's on rails. Love the iDrive, I would never have gotten it if I could have found a car with premium sound and no Nav but it really makes a difference. iPod and Bluetooth interface is awesome. BMW should be marketing this as iDrive with Nav instead of a nav system. After 2000 miles I've been getting a combined 20+ mpg which would be better if I wasn't having so much fun with Sport Drive. Looked at Audi and Infiniti but nothing handled like the BMW, I'm hooked.

Fun DIESEL
By Emilian on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I grew-up in Europe where everything is Diesel. So, we bought our car and chose European Delivery. We put a little over 2000 miles in 12 days. The engine response was great, very quick of the line, but if you are not in Sport Mode it plateau's around 3500 RPM, which is common for Diesel. I wish BMW will offer V8d on X5 as well as 5 and 7 series. (I will purchase tomorrow). The car turned heads everywhere, something that my wife didn't like very much :). One more thing, the car is very capable and very adaptable to many lifestyle. I will say is a commuter or run around town car. Hope this helps.

Great car but downgraded from 2008
By mihabt on 09/05/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a new 328xi 2011, loaded with Nav, premium package, winter package, BT, etc. Previously I used to lease a 2008 328i. The styling is basically the same, nice updates in the front and back lights, the Navigation system upgrade is incredible, very impressed by the performance and new features

Not as good as claimed
By Jack on 09/01/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i sedan is not as good as claimed. The fact that the radio display is blanked out due to the incorrect polarization filter alignment is unforgivable. This is a safety issue, and BMW has known about it for years. The Infiniti G37 totally outclasses the BMW 335i.

Good but not impressed
By mihabt on 08/28/10 23:19 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to lease a 328i 2008, and just bought a 328xi 2011. The front and back style updates are nice, and the iDrive interface and navigation system is Awesome, finally you can search effectively. The performance is as impressive as the previous one, can't complain but I was pretty disappointed by missing the following in the 2011 model compared to 2008 one!!: 1) Head rest is fixed, can't adjust back and forth 2) missing ashtray in back 3) Missing net on back of front seats 4) Slower sync with phone contacts 5) Missing soft cover on trunk covered area 6) Very annoying missing cargo net mounting hooks in back 'only 2!' can't use my old cargo net.

This IS a nice car
By calgordon on 08/18/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first BMW and it is an awesome auto. I chose the 328i XDrive wagon over the A4 Avant Quatro because of the handling. The Avant was a bit front heavy and the BMW is more well balanced. The fit and finish is way above average. The smell of the saddle leather interior transports me immediately to new car owner reverie. The X Drive gives me a confidence in wet weather handling unlike any car I have owned. We have studded tire troughs worn in the highway we drive regularly. When it rains, which it does all the time from November to July, the troughs fill with water. With the X Drive I hardly know that they are there. The engineers and designers really came out with a winner.

Second 3-Series and Still Impressed
By dmaccioc on 08/13/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2007 328i with minimal equipment and can say after just a week of owning the 2011, make sure you get the Premium Package and Nav. Completely different car and though more expensive, a better value with proper equipment. iDrive is easy to use and traffic sensing comes in handy in the NY metro area! This car looks much better with the now standard 17" wheels and it still rides well. The 3 series is perfect in every way - only things I don't like about it are: cup holders, somewhat lacking storage, small back seat, and lack of flip-down rear seats without CW package. The steering feel, engine sound, taut ride, and amazing craftsmanship are what brought me back. Couldn't be happier.

Hard to believe it's a diesel
By drdan on 08/08/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I'm still in the break-in period, but this car is a blast to drive. The new model styling is really great. The wheels and trim accents in the sport package look fabulous. While I'm a big fan of the BMW sport seats (my previous 530i had them, too), I'm having a little trouble getting really comfortable in these. In 40 years of driving, this is my first automatic transmission car, but I don't think that I'm going to miss it as much as I thought. The wheel base of this 3 series is almost the same as my old 530i, so it's really quite roomy inside. However, it's still a 3 series, so it's just not as upscale as my old 5 series. When BMW brings a 5-series diesel to the US, I'll move back up.

Best Sports Car
By John on 08/06/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This by far is best sports car for the money! looked at lexus acura benz and audi, the BMW outshines on all accounts. Very fun to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series in VA is:

$139 per month*