Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Almost perfect, but ...
By mwomack11

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, my first BMW, but glaring points when compared to comparable and less comparable sedans. 1. Cup holders are awful! This is a nut that everyone else cracked a decade ago and in the 3 series the front seat cup holders are poorly placed and of limited use. 2. Car alarm. Should be standard, not an option. 3. Key fob makes it too easy to push the trunk button when removing from ignition. Negatives are done, here's the positives. I've owned 5 different cars over the last 10 years, SUV to sportster convertible. I've never seen a perfect car. The BMW 3 series is about as close as I think you can get for this size sedan. Great ride, engine, fun, MPG, luxury, etc. Very happy with my car!

Favorite Features

Quiet, sporty, refined. Hands free and Navi. Really good MPG compared to others in the same luxury segment.

Suggested Improvements

Lousy cup holders. Really? No alarm. BMW options you to death.

Technology Updates
By Texan

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Really like driving the car on the highway. No problem using the IDrive - just need to spend some time getting familiar with it.

Favorite Features

Comfort and performance are good.

Suggested Improvements

Please offer decent cupholders; also heated/cooled seats. Also, the IPhone 4 will not pair with the 328i - very disappointing. Dealer states software update coming (when?).

Nicest car I've ever driven
By Cali2010

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I chose this car for my husband and I wish I had chosen it for myself. This car is the perfect combination of performance and comfort. We now know what everyone was talking about. Maybe I would've had suggestions for improvement before I drove it but now I can't remember what they would be. We don't have idrive so I can't comment on that, but I also don't feel like we're missing anything.

Favorite Features

Exceleration steering black leather

Unexpected disappointment
By Dirttrack

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Before you purchase a 328i please check the equipment list. Base car has no tinted windshield, no alarm, not even a beep when you lock the car. Perhaps a $550.00 special paint job, no seatback storage and perhaps other items I missed. Billed out at $39,000 and not even XM radio. First oil change is 12,000 mi. But, it is a tremendous driving machine. The advertising is correct. Almost only want to drive on two lane roads. Great grip, great brakes only the low beams are a little to low. Fun to drive but check your extras. My responsibility to check equipment. If you want a real car to drive, get a 328i, nothing like it.

Favorite Features

six speed shiftable automatic. Parking lights. Air conditioner. The "feel" when you go into a turn. Many other attributes.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, simplify the operating controls. Instruction manual is complicated, it refers you to other pages and sections to get answers to questions.

It IS the "Ultimate Driving Machine"...
By Polluxgold

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I'm very pleased with my mew BMW. Iíve owned/driven BMWs before and reliability and performance is kept year after year. This time I gave careful consideration and despite all reviews, my order of preference remained: 328ix, A4 and C350, all of them superb, but BMW handling is unbeatable. Sticks to the road like a shadow (despite of all that you can hear, BMW hugs the road better than A4). 328ix is fast and responsive, no lagging. Interior is classy indeed, though sound system quality was lowered and it can certainly use the alarm as a default option, aside from that, I just look forward to move from places just in order to drive it over and over!

Favorite Features

Handling! handling! handling! I cannot stress that enough, Power and comfort are also the core features of owning a BMW!

Suggested Improvements

For manual seats option (have you ever seen a race car with power seats?), they should also include manual lumbar adjustments, and a minor one: make the auto-windshield led visible on the dash, as the steering wheel covers it.