2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Lots of fun. But often not working?
By gottabmorecareful on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First let me say, this car is the most fun you can have. Even on the days you drive the speed limit! Equally capable cruising the highway or city driving. I get around 30/mpg highway. Exterior is a head- Turner and I get lots of compliments around town. Nice interior with great improvements to idrive/navigation. Cup holders are still horrible. But if you buy a BMW for the functionality of the cup holders, you are wrong! I really just have one major complaint. I've driven less than 3500 miles and my baby is already in the shop! It appears the mysterious fuel pump "gremlins" continue to plague the 335! Frustrating isn't even the word! Makes me think I should have got a c63 instead?

My first BMW
By Usanda on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

It is my first BMW and I'm planning to keep. Driving is a lot of fun, mileage is about 25 MPG (LA 50/50 street/freeway driving). The only complain that I have is radio, it's awful. Most of the time I get a very bad reception. Sometimes even my CD player would get some interference. Other than that, it is a great car.

It IS the "Ultimate Driving Machine"...
By Polluxgold on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I'm very pleased with my mew BMW. I’ve owned/driven BMWs before and reliability and performance is kept year after year. This time I gave careful consideration and despite all reviews, my order of preference remained: 328ix, A4 and C350, all of them superb, but BMW handling is unbeatable. Sticks to the road like a shadow (despite of all that you can hear, BMW hugs the road better than A4). 328ix is fast and responsive, no lagging. Interior is classy indeed, though sound system quality was lowered and it can certainly use the alarm as a default option, aside from that, I just look forward to move from places just in order to drive it over and over!

Fun Drive
By California on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First German auto and love it! Can't say enough good things about it. If you are considering this vehicle I would go ahead and make the purchase. Love the I-Drive controls and ease of use. I'm going to have to buy more miles on my lease its just so fun to drive. Sport seats require a little flexibility when getting in and out but are great for driving hard. Takes a while to learn all the systems but once you do they are fun to play with.

First BMW
By Charley Thomas on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic driving machine. But, there are some issues that trouble me. Check out all the standard features prior to purchase. Many items standard on a much less expensive car are not there. No security system, not even a beep from the horn when locking vehicle. One outlet for GPS, lighter, or any other electronic stuff you might have. No pocket on back seats. Cup holders flimsy. Run flat tires. Picked up a screw. Had to patch inside of tire. No tire warranty, . And some other items I feel should be standard. My fault, was so excited after test drive did not think of small things that should be there. For forty grand one EXPECTS them. However, the car is one helluva driving machine.

328i M package
By NewBMW on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 328i coupe with M- package. First BMW. I was considering an A5 and I used to drive a CLK. Overall I'm very happy with the car. Of course, the 335 packs a bigger punch, but the 328 has great kick off the line and the handling with the M steering/suspension is superb! The interior is very chic. The navigation is very up to date (traffic, different views, etc.). Media system is also great. I can't stand the lag that audi's have! I'd take the performance of this car over an S5 even. The speakers could be better. Overall, this car is beautiful, handles amazingly, has good performance and just feels great driving it. If you can negotiate a good deal, BMW is hard to beat!

The best for the money!
By Mike Hatoum on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When every Auto maker aims at the BMW 3S when build or redesign it tells is all it is the BM for all luxury and sport in this sigma. Every auto maker that i can think of has to mention the BMW 3S in one way or another, matter of fact several of them believe that it is the ultimate goal to match the 3S as passing it is almost impossible unless it is another beamer.

Fast, Cool, and Clean
By Northern NJ on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Wanted to get a luxury sports sedan that makes an attempt at good gas mileage & clean emissions. I got that and lots more in the 335d. Just a fabulous car that gets a ton of attention. Sports pkg is a must-add, it really upgrades the exterior and brings the BMW sport suspension & seats. Agree with the other reviewer that sport seats are comfortable, but take some getting used to. Easily the fastest car I've ever owned, and just a blast to drive. Bound to get a speeding ticket soon, as it just begs you to tromp on the gas and take off. Got 35 MPG @ avg'ing 80 mph in hwy driving. Avg 28 MPG in aggressive city/hwy driving. Car is beautiful & unique. Have seen only one other 335d on road.

Ich liebe meinen BMW
By Blackjack on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned Honda/Acura for over 20 years. I have never had a BMW or a German car. I cannot believe the handling of this vehicle! The car is well designed; everything is where it should be. The car is "smart' - automatically doing things that make sense, so the driver does not need to be bothered. Car is not equipped with unnecessary bells and whistles, but definitely has all the one's that it needs. This car is at the service of the driver, 100%. It feels like you are wearing it, rather than riding in it. The gas mileage is slightly lower than my Acura TL-S, but this car makes up for it in every other way. I'm in love!

Everything written is true
By Trapped in Germany on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had the car for a good bit now. Custom order - M Sport package, cold weather, and comfort access is all. I live in Germany so I get to "put it through its paces" when I get the chance. This car is fantastic. It is comfortable, solidly built, austerely luxurious, and drives like no other. I still cannot get over how smooth it is...the engine, the steering, the clutch, the acceleration, even the suspension absorbs most bumps without undue issue. The steering and engine are otherworldly. I have driven some great cars and there are many great cars out there. This ranks right up there with some of the great cars in production at the moment.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series in VA is:

$139 per month*