Used 2011 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Second 3-Series and Still Impressed
By dmaccioc

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2007 328i with minimal equipment and can say after just a week of owning the 2011, make sure you get the Premium Package and Nav. Completely different car and though more expensive, a better value with proper equipment. iDrive is easy to use and traffic sensing comes in handy in the NY metro area! This car looks much better with the now standard 17" wheels and it still rides well. The 3 series is perfect in every way - only things I don't like about it are: cup holders, somewhat lacking storage, small back seat, and lack of flip-down rear seats without CW package. The steering feel, engine sound, taut ride, and amazing craftsmanship are what brought me back. Couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

Feeling of quality from the line-up of the seams, stitching on the leather, to the excellent engine and ride. Though city mileage isn't amazing, I would typically get 31+ on the highway in my old 3 and expect the same out of this one.

Suggested Improvements

Noticed that the standard speakers this time around aren't as good. I didn't really test the speakers before buying because I thought I was familiar with them, would have considered paying extra for the HK system had I known. If you aren't an audiophile you might not care, though.

Changes
By George

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car replaces a 2008 328i. It has the same engine and BASIC design. They have added 17 inch wheels (about time) and made the lights and body a little more sporty. They have decreased the power hook ups. They removed the ash tray and cigar lighter from the dash. The only power hook up is now in the console. Bad idea. This is the days of pc's, PDAs and portable GPS. They all need power! The steering seems to be a little looser, more play in the wheel etc than my 2008 model. Not sure if this is just my imagination or not. They decreased the number of speakers. The sound is a little thinner.

Favorite Features

I like the new wheels and body styling. The car still handles great and drives like a dream

Suggested Improvements

Add power outlets. Make steering column retract automatically. Improve stereo sound