2011 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Perfection.
By skiddnate on 06/15/11 20:41 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've owned my M Sport package equipped 335d since November, 2010, and have found it to be nothing short of automotive excellence. From the fit and finish to the ample power and stellar handling, to its robust infotainment system and numerous amenities, the 335d does it all. While it was at the upper end of my price range, over 9000 miles later, it's been worth every cent. No other car provides the combination of power, fuel economy, and luxury of the 335d. Many manufacturers have fielded numerous examples boasting two of the three, but only BMW achieves the perfect balance of all three.

Impressions of a 1st Time Owner
By cdofil on 06/02/11 21:48 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As most consumer reviews are from a BMW fan, often the focus are more of the "Driving Experience" and "the engines". I will try to fill-in a little more details of my first impressions from the perspective of a first time owner. But due to the 700 character limitation of the review form, just follow through my comments for my detailed experiences. Please note that my rating does not include safety features that the car offers which I believe Edmunds.com should have placed such category.

Addition to my diesel stable
By trdsc2 on 05/25/11 15:42 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased this car at the end of March and so far have not passed the break in period. I am sold on diesels, already owning a 2009 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI. The combination of power and super fuel economy is an unbeatable combination. I love every thing about the vehicle except the lack of interior storage (the owners manual case just barely fits in the glove compartment) and the quality of the leather could be a lot better for a car of this price. I find the low end torque truly intoxicating and much prefer it to having to wind the engine up to high RPM's just to get a power launch.

The most fun you can have with four wheels
By gruderian on 05/21/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is almost the perfect driving machine. It is the first car since my new 1970 modified Corvette I actually take out for a drive just for the fun of it. This car is engineering perfection. Easy to drive under any conditions and easy to live with on a day by day basis. Gets unbelievable gas mileage for what it is: 19.2, all city, break-in, stop and go dirving; 24, combined, varying rpm 2000 to 4000 for break-in. Seats are more comfortable by a long shot than those in my 2008 550i. Heater/ air conditioner works much better that 550i. No I-drive, a vast improvement. The drive by wire is a vast improvement over the 550i which always reminded me control was a request, not an order.

Beautiful, fun ride
By van_dine on 04/16/11 11:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a longtime owner of Lexus cars and former writer who has reviewed their share of autos, I looked at BMW, Audi, and Lexus to choose from (Audi= sketchy reliability history; performance not yet on par w/others; Lexus=overall good cars but no styles of late that get my blood going). The BMW 3 series couple always had my attention and the 328 couple I purchased does not disappoint. It hangs well on S-curves and braking power is amazing. The body is sturdy and interior is simple yet timeless. Pros: Total driving joy Superficial Factor: I have received more compliments on this car than any other Cons: The cup holders can make some drinks jumpy but with respect to the total car, can forgive it

DANG, DIESEL!
By teaguespecial on 04/15/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second BMW and let's just say I'll never stray from the brand. I sold my '06 330i 6-speed manuel and bought the 335d. This is a great everyday car for anyone who loves to drive. Don't get it if you like driving a Lexus. Boring! This car can fly! Push you back in your seat fly! There's slight lag when you push the accelerator compared to my 330i but when it pulls, hold on tight! Great gas mileage (about 27 city / almost 40 highway). Love the iDrive system. Crystal clear screen w/no glare. Fold down seat a nice plus. Standard sound system sounds great. Sport pkg a must - adds sleeker profile, sport seats, sport steering wheel, etc... highly recommend!

great car
By tommyycar on 04/13/11 08:56 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just had to report that our 2010 328 convertible averaged 32 MPG driving up and down through the mountains of West Virginia. In addition to being great in every other way, It's an economy car! Who Knew? I will be thrilled if the 2012 X5 I have on the way pleasantly surprises us with this kind of gas mileage.

powerful in any gear
By i_heart_bmw on 03/06/11 13:12 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 48 hr review of the car. I have only had it 2 days I can only rate it based on my current experience. I have owned a '98 328i and a '05 330ix, both I have loved. Both manual trans and were extremely reliable. I would highly suggest getting a manual to take advantage of the torque curve. The automatic, though fine, lags a little bit in my opinion because it wants to downshift if you stomp on the accelerator. In a manual, with the 300 fps starting at 1200 rpms, you have the power to climb a hill in any gear so you don't necessarily have to down shift. I bought this with nearly every package and option available. Definitely buy this with the M sports package.

The Ultimate driving machine
By qali on 02/20/11 13:54 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up a new 2011 automatic Space Grey auto with premium sound, premium package. First the negatives. BMW removed the ashtray and the accompanying charger/socket and replaced it with an open cavity. Not sure if I liked that idea as now all the junk/coins etc are visible. The car looks and feels oozing with performance and luxury.

Bearing Noise
By jim_l on 02/04/11 12:42 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I the 328i Coupe with the M Sports package is a great car. It handles great and the design/look of the car, I feel is awesome. The only complaint I have is a fairly loud bearing noise (sounds like power steering). I brought this back to the dealer and was advised it is normal, but I find it a very annoying. I tend to focus on the noise every time I start the car. Other than that, it is a great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 3 Series in VA is:

$139 per month*