Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Another BMW 328 xdrive w/ Nav
By nick831

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Had 2,3series, one x3, and one 5series. The 3 series is my favorite to drive. I can't imagine driving anything else. Once you drive one you will be hooked. There is no car that drives like it. I have tried them all.

The new nav system is much better an improved than the previous verison with the CD in the drive. Th whole menu with the navigation is excellent.

cup holders are annoying. But your don't need to drink and drive.

Love This Car
By luckylamour

2011 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After selling my 2005 M3 Convertible, I didn't think I would own another BMW that was as fun to drive, and to blow rice rockets off the line. Not to mention the fantastic sport seats, and unbeatable MPG (I average 39 on the highway). Not to mention a wide array of great technology, MOG, Pandora, and now Yelp. its pretty damn cool. Tasman Green, Oyster Leather.... Love it.

BMW Apps, Torque.

Traffic service through the nav is a bit weak.

My first, but definitely not last, BMW
By newbeemer

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my first BMW a week ago. I got the 2011 328i (X-Drive, w/Nav). Coming from an Acura TSX, I don't know how I have been driving any other car. This car begs to be driven and it begs even more to hug corners. After my lease is up I am definitely getting another BMW - truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. Drive one and you'll understand why they picked that slogan. I barely feel the car accelerate. The interior is well organized and very well thought out. Although, I'm not a fan of the driver's cup holder, but that's just being nit-picky. There isn't much storage room on the front as the glove box is small and the center console is also small. Again, these are minor to me.

I can't describe how amazing this car feels to drive. There is definitely a major difference in the feel. I test drove the Acura TL, Audi A4, Lexus IS and a few others in the class and there seriously is no comparison. The iDrive is easy to use and pretty self explanatory. BMW's leases offer coverage on everything (wipers, oil changes etc.) which is a huge factor. It covers everything except the tires. I did purchase the tire and rim protection since I live in a city and hitting a pothole could really be a possibility. Supposedly the tires/rim are very very expensive to replace.

Maybe some more storage room in the front. One thing my TSX had was the ability to unlock all the doors once I shifted the car to PARK. Not the case here. Again, very minor and that's just me trying to find something wrong with this car. It is absolutely amazing.

Great car.
By chan88

2011 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW since I briefly owned a 325i in 1994. I had a Infiniti EX before I got this 335i (with sport pkg). This car runs great, but not a great value compared to others. It lacks a lot of standard features that others (acura or infiniti) have. Standard stereo is a joke at $50K price. My EX Bose system was much better. Fit and finish are great. No problem at 800 miles now. Ride quality on RFT is acceptable. I like the car's steering feel, suspension, engine, transmission, and solid chasis. These are the reasons I bought BMW. The driving dynamics is class leading.

Power and driving dynamics

Cup holder, low beam headlight, standard stereo system, location of central door lock. Need better intuitive control on navigation menu. Overhead light fixtures are of cheap material. Doesn't match a $50k car.

First Time BMW Owner
By jhreviews

2011 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a first time owner of a BMW, the car has great performance and handling. If you are looking for a car that has best in class handling this car is for you. I test drove the competition, Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity and Audi nothing compares to the BMW. It has a quiet interior and no rattles or other annoying noises. If you have kids which I do the back seats have enough room and comfort for a day trip. I selected Premium Package, cold weather package and Xenon adaptive headlights. I passed on the Navigation system, it is not worth the extra 2k in my opinion. I think there are plenty of navigation choices with today's smartphones.

I think Performance and Handling make this car the "Ultimate Driving Machine". There is simply no other car that handles better than the BMW 3 Series. If you have some extra cash though get the Xenon headlights, they are awesome and well worth the extra money. Especially if you like to drive on back country roads at night. Brakes work well and stop almost on a dime.

Yes, there are improvements to be made because no car is perfect. The cup holders need to be re-designed and placed in the console where they belong. Bring back the backseat storage net. Another knock is there needs to be more power outlets for families w/kids and portable game systems. Complicated iDrive system with joystick control. BMW has the handling and performance what they lack is value for your money